You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/26/2016 7:58 pm  #1

Hanging/Removable Third Seat

Hey Everyone!

I am wondering if anyone knows of a hanging/removable seat from a Canadian distributor?
I did find the odd one from the US and even UK but cant seem to find anything in Canada.

I did find this one:

http://www.greatcanadian.com/accessories_seats.html but even it appears to be located in the US.

The seat marked "E" was what I was looking for.

I am looking for something so that I am able to paddle my old Algonquin 17 solo until I am able to afford a solo boat.

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

"Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go Canoeing" - Henry David Thoreau

3/27/2016 9:41 am  #2

Re: Hanging/Removable Third Seat

I just ordered this from Wenonah for my escape 17.5.

http://www.wenonah.com/Items.aspx?id=47

Algonquin 17, swift? If so I believe that is a symmetrical  hull so why not just reverse it for solo paddling? Unless it a has a bow slider seat. My Algonquin 16 worked well when just paddled reversed in the bow seat. Put the money you save towards your solo boat fund.

3/27/2016 10:31 am  #3

Hey Shayne!

Ya it is but I had some issues in the fall when I was out solo siting backwards in the bow seat: I carry a pretty light pack so I couldn't get the "bow" to trim down enough so when the wind picked up at all is was very tough to track straight.

This boat tends to perform better the more weight there is in it (as in 2 people and pack loads for multiple days) so instead of loading it with a water filled dry bag I was hoping to get closer to the centre and have a double blade for big water/winds and a single blade the rest of the time.

My knees just cant handle kneeling for any extended periods so that option is out for me too.

And I've been dreaming about a Keewaydin 14 for a few years but sadly it will be a few years until I can afford one. Just trying to figure out my best option till then.

"Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go Canoeing" - Henry David Thoreau

3/27/2016 8:58 pm  #4

Hey Coureur, Nova Craft in London had two types of seats.  I just picked up the wooden one so haven't had an opportunity to test it out.

https://www.londonspaddleshop.com/product/sling-seats/

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

3/28/2016 8:38 am  #5

Awesome Tripper, thank you kindly!

Thats exactly what I was looking for. Ill give them a call this week.

Cheers!

3/29/2016 7:47 pm  #6

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.