You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/20/2016 10:03 am  #1

Submissions Awards Incentive

As a means to encourage submissions of trip-logs, last year's contest was a success of sorts. However, I believe the use of strict format guidelines may have resulted in limited participation.

Also, I found the judging process and the subsequent presentation of the 'unedited' versions to be somewhat problematic. Since I was eventually 'editing' each trip-log prior to its inclusion in the actual Trip-log Inventory (for literary corrections, photo enhancements and ethical content) .. it seemed that the process was verging on duplication, possibly contentious considering its initial publication of unedited versions, and 'bottle-necking' submissions until after the judging.

After rethinking the matter, I've decided to provide 'Submission Awards' this year. Through the course of the year, I'll record the instances of submissions that have been added to the website's Trip-log Inventory and Campsite and Portage Inventory. Different format submissions, such as illustrated articles and photo-essays, will also be similarly considered for inclusion in the website.

As far as basic guidelines go, a Trip-log should contain at least 10 photos and a PCI record should contain at least 3 photos. In both cases, photos should be at least 1280 pixels in their longest dimension.

As has always been the case, submissions that don't meet the sections' respective expectations, will not be added to the website. A record will be kept of those submissions which are added to the website, by the authors' names. At the end of the year, those individuals who are considered to have best contributed toward the website's content will be rewarded with gift card 'awards'.

Trip-logs that were entered in the 2015 Paddling Trip-log Contest, although they weren't added to the Trip-log Section until 2016, are not being considered in the Awards Incentive.

I'll post further details as they develop.

3/20/2016 5:54 pm  #2

3/22/2016 11:37 am  #3

Re: Submissions Awards Incentive

Here's the link to the Submissions Awards Incentive 2016 page .. http://www.algonquinadventures.com/news/nwfrSubmissions2016.htm
It can also be reached via the website's front-page left-side menu.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.