You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/15/2016 3:32 pm  #1

Kids sleeping bags

Can anyone recommend a good sleeping bag for kids. My daughter will be 4 in August. Something that will fit for awhile. Thanks

3/15/2016 7:00 pm  #2

Re: Kids sleeping bags

I have 3 boys, used two MEC Explorer down bags for kids. Eldest used until he was 7. Great for 3 season, and used in the winter with an adult overbag (hot tenting though).

Very light, washed several times (overnight accident), maintains good loft. Given that the kids are carrying (or you are) weight was pretty important. Highly recommend. It also used to be $99, I see they upped the price this year...

Otherwise, you could go for the 0c Aquila or another down. That will last for years and again not that heavy.

M

3/16/2016 4:37 pm  #3

I got my son a Marmot Aspen 20 for Christmas this year.  He hasn't had a chance to use it camping yet, but he sure loves it in the living room.  It isn't down, but it does compress well, it is a good size for him, and since he's a kid, the mummy shape of it isn't as restrictive as it would be on an adult.  He is ten, will be eleven soon, and I expect this to be a good bag for him for some time to come.   I paid around $80 for it a Dick's Sporting Goods.  One thing I did like about it was that while it does not have anything to prevent the zipper from undoing itself at the top, it is pretty....I dunno the word to use....it stays zipped.  How's that?  His prior sleeping bag, the zipper was loose and just came undone all the time, which meant I was up multiple times every night.....

3/16/2016 5:27 pm  #4

I have two MEC bags like Marko mentioned.  Got the larger size when they were 2 and 3 knowing they would grow into them and use them for years.  Great bags.

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

3/17/2016 9:27 am  #5

I saw this the other day on Kijiji. You may want to have a look.
No connection to me.

NEVER USED Mountain Equipment MEC Kids' Sleeping Bag
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-fishing-camping-outdoor/city-of-toronto/never-used-mountain-equipment-mec-kids-sleeping-bag/1145665343?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Dave

3/20/2016 2:31 pm  #6

Thanks everyone, I have one ordered from Mec

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.