You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/04/2024 10:08 am  #1

Drysuit neck gasket trimming/repair

Can anyone please recommend a good drysuit repair shop that can trim my neck gasket to size? Anywhere between London and Algonquin Park could work. Thanks.

4/04/2024 12:40 pm  #2

Re: Drysuit neck gasket trimming/repair

Is it new? A neck gasket should be snug but not tight. It can feel uncomfortable at first. They are tapered and have trim lines. Just trim with scissors bit by bit.

They do loosen up slightly over time. Some people Stretch them out with a pop bottle or similar before they are going to wear them.

4/04/2024 12:48 pm  #3

Re: Drysuit neck gasket trimming/repair

MartinG wrote:

Is it new? A neck gasket should be snug but not tight. It can feel uncomfortable at first. They are tapered and have trim lines. Just trim with scissors bit by bit.

They do loosen up slightly over time. Some people Stretch them out with a pop bottle or similar before they are going to wear them.

Thanks, Martin.

Yes, it is new and I stretched it around a mini soccer ball for a few days but it is still too tight. When I say tight, I mean I am strangled and turning purple within 10 seconds of wearing it. 

I made an attempt to cut it myself but it proved much more difficult, and I don't want to cut anymore incase I ruin it.

Last edited by Bampot (4/04/2024 12:49 pm)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.