You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/27/2024 7:00 pm  #1

How to reserve Pretty Lake

Anyone know how to reserve Pretty Lake when calling a reservation - which access point does one need to enter from to get to Pretty. Thanks!

2/28/2024 8:38 pm  #2

Re: How to reserve Pretty Lake

Hi MCX30, from what I gather you park your vehicle right at the Pretty Lake site. The downside is that it's not connected to anything except neighbouring Francis Lake and the site is extremely close to the road. There's a thread on the myccr.com forum that may be of interest - hope this helps.
https://www.myccr.com/phpbbforum/viewtopic.php?p=400438

2/29/2024 6:36 am  #3

The site is actually a pretty nice site. Yes it is right on the road so it wont be a true "back country" experience but it's a decent middle ground between car camping and back country.  The site itself is nice and flat with good open spots for tents etc and well spaced trees for tarping.  There will be some traffic so that's why most people wouldn't choose this spot.

3/05/2024 1:05 pm  #4

This poster summed it up perfectly. Only reason I can see for going there is if you are going to be with a loud group to party and don't want to disturb anyone. Dear God don't go there!

I drive by it every year heading other places, you could throw a stick at it from your car and Achray road in the summer is for all intents and purposes a busy highway, you'll be covered in dust in an hour....
If you want to drive to a campsite along that road, head in to Sec/Mallard lake, it's off the main road and will get far less traffic, if you have a canoe, paddle out from a lake like Sec or Mcmanus and find a quite spot on the other side!

3/09/2024 2:30 pm  #5

hiker72 wrote:

Hi MCX30, from what I gather you park your vehicle right at the Pretty Lake site. The downside is that it's not connected to anything except neighbouring Francis Lake and the site is extremely close to the road. There's a thread on the myccr.com forum that may be of interest - hope this helps.
https://www.myccr.com/phpbbforum/viewtopic.php?p=400438

I've been on Pretty many times for the day in the Fall but never know how to reserve it. I'll try calling OP and see what they say. Thanks for the link to MYCCR. 

3/09/2024 2:33 pm  #6

Lenny wrote:

This poster summed it up perfectly. Only reason I can see for going there is if you are going to be with a loud group to party and don't want to disturb anyone. Dear God don't go there!

I drive by it every year heading other places, you could throw a stick at it from your car and Achray road in the summer is for all intents and purposes a busy highway, you'll be covered in dust in an hour....
If you want to drive to a campsite along that road, head in to Sec/Mallard lake, it's off the main road and will get far less traffic, if you have a canoe, paddle out from a lake like Sec or Mcmanus and find a quite spot on the other side!

haha not a partier, too old for that. 

3/10/2024 10:25 am  #7

MCX30 wrote:

Anyone know how to reserve Pretty Lake when calling a reservation - which access point does one need to enter from to get to Pretty. Thanks!

I just tried to do a test, reserving with access point from #23 Lake Travers online seems to work.  I didn't actually go through with the booking, but if I picked a further away access site it gives an error message, so seems like booking with Travers will should work. Give it a try.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.