You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/27/2016 4:04 pm  #1

Hydro Line Cart Trail Site

Has anyone stayed on the site on the hydro line cart trail by access A48 on Jeff's Map?  I'm interested in what it's like.  Thanks.

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

2/28/2016 8:01 am  #2

Re: Hydro Line Cart Trail Site

It is awful!

2/28/2016 8:10 am  #3

No kidding.  Thanks Martin.  How close to the Bonnechere R.?

'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

2/28/2016 9:31 am  #4

Not right on the river. It is north of the bridge a bit.

Buck Lake also really sucks but is a slightly better option because you don't have to listen to or see the hydro line. 2 1/2k downstream on river left is a decent very large campsite.

2/28/2016 1:52 pm  #5

Thanks John, the Buck Lk. site looks really great.  Does anyone know if you can paddle to it off of the Bonnechere or is it strictly road access?

On Jeff's Map it says that although signed permits aren't being issued for it.  So how do get the site then?

2/28/2016 5:54 pm  #6

I said the Buck Lake site sucks. Perhaps that is unfair. But, I still wouldn't choose to camp there. It is right on the road. Literally 5 feet from the road and very exposed. I suppose it does have a nice view

If I were planning a trip down the river there is another option a little further down stream that is in my opinion a better option.

2/28/2016 7:52 pm  #7

Nice pics John. The east side is great.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.