You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/11/2023 3:23 pm  #1

Birchcliffe Cabin, The Nipissing River & Some Hills

My first trip of the year was a six day loop out of Kiosk back in May.  The route took us down Maple and Erables, up Maple Creek, through Birchcliffe to Highview, along the Nip and back up through Nadine etc.  This one covered a lot of ground that's been on my list for a long time, and I'm happy to say it lived up to my expectations (in every way, thanks Maple Creek). The trip report is up now.

https://allofalgonquin.com/2023/06/11/birchcliffe-the-nip-and-some-hills/

Drew

6/12/2023 6:57 am  #2

Re: Birchcliffe Cabin, The Nipissing River & Some Hills

Awesome read as always Drew! The time you put into your detailed reports and the humourous zingers are much appreciated. For the record, we did Heart Attack Hill in the opposite direction and it felt like we had discovered nature's answer to the Penrose stairs...

Last edited by hiker72 (6/12/2023 6:58 am)

6/12/2023 9:31 am  #3

Great writeup!  Looks like a tough trip, but definitely has the little hamster in my head running on its wheel.  My wife is due with our 2nd kid in September, so it's probably not going to happen for a while, but I want 9-10 days in the same area soon!

6/12/2023 10:08 am  #4

Great report!!

6/13/2023 8:41 am  #5

Great report! Was nice seeing you guys out there! Beautiful area of the park, but you definately gotta work for it! Reading your report it seems you had alot of the same feelings and thoughts of the different areas as we did. Again great report, love reading them!

Recent series on YouTube
https://youtu.be/qiAJQaeWFPw

6/20/2023 12:17 pm  #6

Thanks everyone! Glad you enjoyed it. Great seeing you out there Knox, looking forward to your video.

8/12/2023 2:26 pm  #7

Great pics, very atmospheric trip rundown.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.