You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/16/2016 4:27 pm  #1

Nova Craft Tough Stuff and Whitewater Wraps?

Hi Everyone,

I'm interested in what fellow Algonquin whitewater trippers think about this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cXsXRcRgD6Q. My last Algonquin whitewater trip was in a Royalex boat and I suspect my next one will be as well. Eventually, however, I will probably buy a tripping boat and paddle the Petawawa in a boat made out of another material because as many of you know, Royalex - which many of our whitewater tripping boats are made out of - is no longer available. Nova Craft has come out with this new material and one of the big questions is how does it handle a wrap? Personally, I am a fan of NC - just still figuring out what I think of this material.

I am curiuos what other trippers with more experience with wraps think about what they have learned about this material's ability to handle wraps so far (either from this video or other sources of information). I guess I was hoping to see a bit more detail regarding the wrap - I am less concerned about how it handles being dropped, etc. My only first hand experience with wraps is where we have intentionally wrapped Royalex boats and I have a boat that was wrapped by someone else - which still has reasonable integrity. Anyways, curious what others think?

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.