You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/25/2015 8:30 pm  #1

Quick Map Question?

I was wondering if anyone could help me find the maps that appear on this website every now and then.  They look exactly like Jeff Maps, but the backcountry campsites are numbered. 

11/25/2015 8:50 pm  #2

Re: Quick Map Question?

Hi Clarkey. The maps you're referring to are in fact excerpts from Jeff's Maps. Jeff gave permission to use his maps with an overlay of arbitrary (unofficial) campsite numbers for the Portage Campsite Inventory section of the Algonquin Adventures website .. found at http://www.algonquinadventures.com/PCI/PCIindex.htm

11/25/2015 8:59 pm  #3

Perfect.  Thanks for the quick response!

11/26/2015 5:43 pm  #4

Helpful hint

Once you find the lake/map you want, right click and select Open image in new tab.

This will provide an larger, more useful view.

Dave

11/27/2015 5:42 pm  #5

And just to make sure you realize, since these are, as Barry says, "arbitrary (unofficial) campsite numbers for the Portage Campsite Inventory", the numbering is only used for PCI purposes, or sometimes in discussing campsites here on this forum. Neither park staff nor the general paddling community would know what you meant if you said something about Campsite 2 on Ralph Bice Lake.

11/29/2015 7:35 am  #6

Yes I realize that.  I was thinking of entering the contest and thought campsite numbers would help.  I'm not sure if I had ever been on that website before.  It's saved now in my favourites.  Thanks

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.