You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2015 9:20 am  #1

Trail Cams

Does anyone ever bring a trail camera into the park on their trips?  I got one as a gift a few years back and I always bring it up and set it up near camp in a spot that looks like it might be fruitful.  I've caught a few neat things like fox, martens etc but I'd love to get something bigger

On a side note, I had mine set up on a tiny tripod behind my house in a small forested area.  Three nights ago I went out and it was gone.  I assumed someone had stolen it.  Last night I went and walked around the area a bit and found it about thirty feet away.  I pulled up the video and it looks like either a fox or a coyote grabbed it and took it for a walk.  Lesson learned: secure your camera lol!

TSC has some good deals on them at the moment.  If I were in the market I'd look at something like this one, with a .5 second delay:  http://www.tscstores.com/GAME-CAMERA-7MP-P40783.aspx

11/24/2015 7:42 pm  #2

Re: Trail Cams

I changed the setting on my camera this year to video and I had a bear come up to it three different nights attempting to rip it off the tree.  No reason for it.  Quite funny, nose close-up, then all black, lots of noise, then another video of him walking away. Fortunately it was locked in a steel cover, to discourage people though, not animals.  I enjoy trail camera pictures so much that I put them out year round around home and my sisters farm.  Lots of cool photos.

11/24/2015 7:43 pm  #3

That's amazing!  I'm the same I'm fascinated with the wildlife that lives around our house.  I check it almost daily to see what they are up to lol.

11/24/2015 8:14 pm  #4

Wow looks like I posted a similar post back in September.  I must be getting old because I'm obviously having a hard time remembering things!  Sorry for the redundancy...

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.