You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/11/2015 1:08 pm  #1

How many nights thus far?

This is kind of like an extension to a thread I made on the old site in June. It can be found here:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/352882/thread/1435434518/last-1435835050/How+many+nights+thus+far-

Just wondering how many nights everyone is at now at this point in the season? When I started that thread I was at 11 nights, but I am quite sure I am somewhere around 50 now. This includes a small trip in Killarney as well though. 

11/11/2015 3:06 pm  #2

Re: How many nights thus far?

Think I'm done now for the year. My son's hockey pretty much consumes all free weekends till  March.

Managed 22 sleeps on 13 different lakes.

Last edited by ShawnD (11/11/2015 5:40 pm)

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

11/11/2015 5:10 pm  #3

I managed only 7 in Algonquin this summer/fall, but I got a week in at Pukaskwa N.P. this summer, so I'm not complaining.

11/11/2015 7:55 pm  #4

5 trips, 12 nights, 6 lakes

Dave

11/12/2015 1:52 pm  #5

Token, you must be the king of Algonquin this year.  That's a lot of trips. Lucky man.
In Algonquin, I'm less than 20.  My wife's turning me into a day tripper. Glad to have her on more excursions though.

11/12/2015 2:47 pm  #6

Your Name is Shawn.
Spelled the right way
You live in Simcoe County.. I'm in Barrie
You have a solo swift canoe in sage Barracuda ( me too..)
Use a double blade.. me too
Have a wife who thinks he takes too many solo trips into the park but would love to have her come along more especially if it meant more trips..

Are we actually the same person Shawn or just leading parallel lives?

Shawn

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

11/12/2015 3:47 pm  #7

I challenged myself to camp every month of the year in 2015. 39 nights so far, 11 in App, 2 months to go. This will be a record year for me. One I won't likely repeat for a long time.

11/12/2015 5:20 pm  #8

ShawnD wrote:

Your Name is Shawn.
Spelled the right way
You live in Simcoe County.. I'm in Barrie
You have a solo swift canoe in sage Barracuda ( me too..)
Use a double blade.. me too
Have a wife who thinks he takes too many solo trips into the park but would love to have her come along more especially if it meant more trips..

Are we actually the same person Shawn or just leading parallel lives?

Shawn

That's hilarious!  It didn't go un-noticed by me either.

11/12/2015 7:50 pm  #9

14 nights back country.  10 different lakes.  8 nights solo, 6 not.  And even 2 nights at Tea Lake Campground. 

11/13/2015 12:39 pm  #10

I have also spent a night in the Rock Lake Campgrund as well as the Kiosk one. 
I don't remember all the lakes I've been too exactly but I have started at the following access points this year:
-Tim
-Magnetewan
-Rain
-Canoe (only a day trip)
-Cache
-Rock
-Shall
-Sec
-Grand
-Cedar (another day trip)
-Brain (Day trip)
-Kiosk

Last edited by token (11/13/2015 12:39 pm)

11/13/2015 3:57 pm  #11

im at 14, no more this year though. im also a bit far away, takes a days drive to get there.

11/13/2015 6:29 pm  #12

I'm thinking about going Sunday for a night or two.  I've never been to Algonquin this late.  Will the park issue a backcountry permit this late?

11/14/2015 5:46 am  #13

My Self Reliance wrote:

I'm thinking about going Sunday for a night or two. I've never been to Algonquin this late. Will the park issue a backcountry permit this late?

I am probably heading in on Monday. The East gate will likely be the only place open to obtain a permit. You can call them and they will issue it over the phone (credit card required). Make sure you bring a piece of paper/pen because they will give you some information to write down and leave on your dash.
Last week I was in through Achray and the office was closed but they have a self-serve station. You fill out the info on 3 different pieces of paper (one to leave at the office with your cash $, another for your dashboard, and another to keep on you at all times).

12/29/2015 11:31 am  #14

37 nights this year - had been aiming for 40 but did not quite make it.

12/29/2015 12:31 pm  #15

24 nights this year. Hope to beat that next year. 

I'm just gone Fishin!

12/29/2015 1:50 pm  #16

I will hopefully count my permits tonight.. I am guessing I am sitting somewhere around 52 nights or 130+days.

12/29/2015 4:31 pm  #17

ChristineCanoes wrote:

37 nights this year - had been aiming for 40 but did not quite make it.

It's not too late!

Dave

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.