You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/20/2019 6:00 am  #1

WIA 261

Diana warned me not to post a pyramid photo. So ...
This little swift / embarras is not runnable.  Looking downstream, the portage is to the right.  Where and on what stream?

3/20/2019 6:40 am  #2

Re: WIA 261

Portage from St. Andrews to High Falls Lake??

3/21/2019 6:09 am  #3

Not in the High Falls Area; not even in the Barron River watershed.

3/21/2019 6:38 am  #4

Knowing Bob's penchant for dastardly good clues, I've conducted a geographical analysis of the locations of prior WIA's from the McElroy files to decode the inner workings of his thought process.  Due to the relatively low sample size, I cannot provide a high confidence interval with this, but it might yield clues for others with more field-based experience than me.

My data set leads me to a point on Gilmour Creek in the proximity of Brant Lake.

3/21/2019 8:05 pm  #5

I don't know PA, that's some pretty interesting detective work.  I can't say that I understand the thought process -- as a matter of fact, I don't have a clue.  But whatever, it led you to the correct spot.  Gilmour Creek, where it exits Brant Lake.  You're up.

p.s.  Diana says that now that you've figured out how I think, you could explain it to her.

3/22/2019 6:32 am  #6

Like the old saying, I'd rather be lucky than good. 

Diana, my guidance to you would be:  whatever conclusions you have come to through careful analysis and thoughtful reflection...is probably not where Bob landed.  ;-) 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.