You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/19/2018 4:42 pm  #1

Canoe Routes Map availability

For planning and while camping, I use Jeff's Map, but I have always purchased "official" canoe routes maps as a souvenir.  Or have developed a habit in hoarding paper.   I mark the trip on the map making notes all over it.  This year, no maps available, attributed at the access point to a printing error.  Soooo.....does anybody know anything about the availability of those maps going forward?  I keep looking to see if they've been restocked or if new ones are out, etc., and nothing.  Beyond my own hoarding needs, I really wanted to give one to each of my kids and also the friend who came along on our trip this year.  Been checking in on the Friends of Gonk website since August.  Can't even find them on Ebay! 

12/19/2018 11:53 pm  #2

12/20/2018 3:19 am  #3

Re: Canoe Routes Map availability

I heard they had trouble sourcing the paper they use for some reason.

I make paddling maps! – MapsByJeff.com

12/20/2018 9:02 am  #4

Re: Canoe Routes Map availability

Thanks NVM and Jeffrey!  Much appreciated.  That was one expensive little map purchase (4 maps totaled $20, shipping to US was $20, and the MEC co-op membership $5....I'm throwing money around like I've got it!), but I really wanted to do this for the kids especially, so they can see where we went in August and what happened where, plus my daughters' bestie who came with us is moving at the end of the school year, and I doubt she'll ever get the chance to go again.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.