You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/09/2018 3:54 pm  #1

Fall fishing Ragged/Parkside Bay

What is the fall Bass fishing like in Ragged/Parkside Bay? Trying to decide whether to bring a rod.

10/11/2018 4:02 pm  #2

Re: Fall fishing Ragged/Parkside Bay

Did an October trip into Parkside in October, 2012 with my son. It was the best fall colour I've ever seen. The fishing, not as exciting. We trolled around the shorelines and points of Parkside and caught 2 or 3 smallmouth. We had to work for them. Perhaps the fishing can be better, but I've not returned there to try again.

10/13/2018 6:28 am  #3

I think as the water cools down bass and pike are less and less aggressive/hungry. 
Both last year and the year before I tried many, many hours in the Crotch/Booth area for bass and pike in the late fall and got completely skunked in the summer where I was fishing its almost an every cast you get something deal.

10/22/2018 10:51 am  #4

MartinG wrote:

What is the fall Bass fishing like in Ragged/Parkside Bay? Trying to decide whether to bring a rod.

My friend and I went to Ragged a few years ago around this time.   It took a while to find the fish, but once we did they were big.  Slow presentation seemed to be the key.  Tubes, or Carolina rigged senko type plastic, fished off of points and drop offs. 

"Remember you belong to Nature, not it to you." - Grey Owl

10/22/2018 1:34 pm  #5

I'm not really much of a fisherman and it was cold that weekend. After multiple sources told me the Bass fishing would be slow, and I would be more likely to catch Trout as they prepare to spawn, I left the fishing gear at home.

10/22/2018 1:42 pm  #6

MartinG wrote:

I'm not really much of a fisherman and it was cold that weekend. After multiple sources told me the Bass fishing would be slow, and I would be more likely to catch Trout as they prepare to spawn, I left the fishing gear at home.

Ah, that's too bad.  I don't have the will power to leave my fishing gear at home not matter how bad the forecast  lol.  

"Remember you belong to Nature, not it to you." - Grey Owl

10/22/2018 2:38 pm  #7

BB wrote:

Ah, that's too bad.  I don't have the will power to leave my fishing gear at home not matter how bad the forecast  lol.  

I've been known to leave the fishing gear behind when heading to a Killarney route that only involves lakes closed to fishing. It's amazing how much lighter the portages seem to become. Now if I left the camera gear behind too, ...I still wouldn't be single carrying portages. 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.