You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/24/2018 3:31 pm  #2

Re: New PCI Campsite Reports From Chris Taylor

That site on North Sylvia is a real gem. Pic's don't do it justice.

9/24/2018 7:42 pm  #3

Peek wrote:

That site on North Sylvia is a real gem. Pic's don't do it justice.

I've never been to that site but looking at the report and the pics I would be inclined to pass it over. The bench system looks bad and the view doesn't seem that great. What is it about the site that makes you like it?

9/25/2018 10:00 am  #4

It's probably more of a 'to each their own' thing, but I really like camping in Hemlock groves and red pine stands. This site on North Sylvia is very open, pretty flat, nice swimming rock.. it's not a 10/10 but I really enjoyed my time there. Who knows though, if it was raining or cold maybe I'd feel different about the site. Benches don't matter when a helinox is involved - but they do make for good tables when present.
Some pics from my stay there:

9/25/2018 10:33 am  #5

I popped into North Sylvia this August to take a peek around (pun not intended). I liked the look of the site Peek's talking about but couldn't explore it as it was in use. The view is pretty limited though as it's in a tiny little bay. Two of the other sites on North Sylvia are dismal. The one on the South end I thought was pretty decent, however. 

Last edited by Uppa (9/25/2018 10:33 am)

9/25/2018 1:42 pm  #6

The site does have a nice charm to it. I'll keep it in mind if I'm ever in the area. You seem to have taken some nice pics.

Last edited by solos (9/25/2018 2:24 pm)

9/25/2018 4:50 pm  #7

thanks man.

It's a nice site.

9/25/2018 4:51 pm  #8

Uppa wrote:

Two of the other sites on North Sylvia are dismal. The one on the South end I thought was pretty decent, however. 

100% agree. The pit at the south site was pretty cool eh?

Last edited by Peek (9/25/2018 4:51 pm)

9/25/2018 4:56 pm  #9

Peek wrote:

Uppa wrote:

Two of the other sites on North Sylvia are dismal. The one on the South end I thought was pretty decent, however. 

100% agree. The pit at the south site was pretty cool eh?

I didn't actually get out and walk around because... well, I have no idea why I didn't.  But it looked nice from the water and has a good view of the whole lake. Now I want to know what makes a firepit notable enough for you to mention it - so do tell. 

The other two sites are about halfway reclaimed by the forest and have no redeeming qualities. 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.