You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/11/2018 3:47 pm  #1

Up Potter’s Creek

Hi everyone,

I did an overnight to Potter Lake with my kids back in August. It was both fun and also the most physically and mentally challenging trip of the season so far (Sorry Tarn Lake, you’ve been dethroned). The report is here:

https://allofalgonquin.com/2018/09/10/up-potters-creek/

Hope everyone is having a good start to September.

Drew

9/11/2018 4:39 pm  #2

Re: Up Potter’s Creek

That was awesome.  Absolutely awesome.  I just love your reports.

9/12/2018 7:46 am  #3

Great report and I love that you brought such young kids into the backcountry.  Start them young.

9/12/2018 8:50 pm  #4

Nice write-up!

I think you were on Potter Lake August 11/12? I remember there was a party of 3 guys with kids, stayed on the second-most-southern site.

We (ie my wife and 3 boys) stopped by your campsite and asked about conditions on Potter Creek - we set up camp on the site just south of you. I think my youngest punched my middle kid at one point that evening, so sorry about the screaming (I assume the whole lake heard).

Cheers!
M

9/13/2018 5:51 am  #5

Ha! That’s awesome (about us crossing paths, not the punching ). Yeah, that was us. We didn’t hear a thing though. Probably because at one point my daughter was throwing a temper tantrum so epic I was a bit concerned her head might explode. So, I’ll offer my own apologies in case you had to listen to that.

9/13/2018 5:52 am  #6

Thanks for the comments guys and glad you enjoyed it!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.