You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/09/2018 9:29 pm  #1

Help identifying animal tracks... on a car!

So I just got back from a trip and noticed these prints on my car. At first I thought it could be from my hands, but the left most imprint on the first picture definitely does not look human.

The two pictures are both from the hood of my car, on opposite sides. It's a single print on either side. The positioning of them is almost as if an animal had hugged the front of my car (one single print on either side of the hood).

Anyone have any idea? Is it bear? I spot 4 imprints in the first picture and 3 in the second.

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

9/09/2018 9:50 pm  #2

Re: Help identifying animal tracks... on a car!

looks like a t-rex print

9/10/2018 5:56 am  #3

Classic case of a Wendigo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendigo

9/10/2018 9:35 am  #4

I'm on Team Wendigo on this one. Some lonely Wendigo was wandering around and confused your car for a long-lost friend; tried for a hug before realizing their mistake. 

9/10/2018 9:45 am  #5

Thank you for all of the serious responses so far.

I’m assuming it doesn’t look anything animal related, hence all the sarcasm

algonquinbeyond.com

9/10/2018 11:15 am  #6

Water drips from a tree from condensation ?. Im guessing water drops off a tree pooling and then running down a little

A mans gotta do, what a man's gotta do.

9/10/2018 11:28 am  #7

Was Hardcore wrote:

Water drips from a tree from condensation ?. Im guessing water drops off a tree pooling and then running down a little

Thanks for an actual response

I wasn’t parked near any trees though

algonquinbeyond.com

9/10/2018 11:50 am  #8

My humorous guess wasn't because I don't think it looks like an animal! Rather, I have no idea what it could be!!!!

I do like the idea of a lonely wendigo looking for a hug. I hope they found a friend. 

9/10/2018 2:06 pm  #9

That actually makes a lot of sense about the dead bugs/insects on the grill, that’s probably what happened. You might be right about the raccoon also, I still can’t really make it out well enough to match, but a raccoon would make sense.

Either way, it’s a good example of why you shouldn’t leave any food in your car while you trip... a raccoon might not do too much damage, but I definitely wouldn’t want a curious bear clawing around!

algonquinbeyond.com

9/13/2018 2:24 pm  #10

trippythings wrote:

That actually makes a lot of sense about the dead bugs/insects on the grill, that’s probably what happened. You might be right about the raccoon also, I still can’t really make it out well enough to match, but a raccoon would make sense.

Either way, it’s a good example of why you shouldn’t leave any food in your car while you trip... a raccoon might not do too much damage, but I definitely wouldn’t want a curious bear clawing around!

I remember reading a trip report on here quite some time ago where someone did a backpacking trip out of the Highway 60 access for the Western Uplands trail and when they got back there were definitive bear tracks on the hood of his car.. no damage though thankfully.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.