You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/07/2018 7:15 am  #1

Stand-up fishing...anyone else doing it?

Over the past couple of years, I've started to do my fishing standing up in our canoe. This all started after I bought myself a stand-up paddleboard. I have to admit that since I started doing it, I've not gone back to fishing sitting down. This obviously applies only to casting. I've done it solo or as a tandem. While staying balanced might seem daunting, it's actually not especially if you're solo and are set up mid-boat. I find it much easier to cast and more comfortable to be standing up as I have more freedom to move. I also find that my casting is more accurate since my range of motion is not restricted. There is of course the benefit of keeping your core muscles engaged while doing this too. Win-win!!!

I highly recommend it if you've not tried it before.

9/07/2018 1:45 pm  #2

Re: Stand-up fishing...anyone else doing it?

If I am fishing from a canoe I am rarely solo but we do stand one at a time now and then when sight fishing for shallow bass or looking for underwater structure.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.