You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/06/2018 12:46 pm  #1

Tim river

I'm heading to Rosebary lake from Tim lake in a couple of weeks and I just noticed the low water level warning on the FOAP website.  Has anyone been that way recently?  I'm wondering if I need to change my route.  Thanks in advance! 

9/06/2018 2:30 pm  #2

Re: Tim river

Hey canoe Jeff, I'm also heading down the tim to rose berry in a couple weeks, then continuing down the tim towards misty.   Water levels this year have also been a concern of mine.  However I was up at cedar lake last weekend and I spoke with jake at the Brent store who told me that the lakes have come up a foot and a half in the last few weeks so water levels should be ok.   

Let's hope he's right!

I head into rose berry early morning on the 20th

9/07/2018 5:39 pm  #3

I was out at Tim access this morning and the dock is completely under water and has been for a week, even in early May the water isn't as high as it is right now. 3 beaver dams total between the access and Rosebary but they hardly even require a liftover now.

9/07/2018 6:14 pm  #4

Thank you for the information!  We will continue the trip as planned.

Foxriderz- We are spending the night of the 19th on Tim Lake and leaving on the 20th. Hope you have a great trip.

9/07/2018 8:32 pm  #5

ATVenture wrote:

I was out at Tim access this morning and the dock is completely under water and has been for a week, even in early May the water isn't as high as it is right now. 3 beaver dams total between the access and Rosebary but they hardly even require a liftover now.

They got quite a bit of rain over the weekend... The dock was still above the water Saturday when we made our way to Rosebary and completely underwater when we returned on Monday.

There's one noticeable beaver dam but you can run it heading to Rosebary. Might need to lift over on your way back. The current was so strong right after the storm on Monday it made our lift over much more interesting

9/08/2018 5:07 am  #6

liddle_loodle wrote:

ATVenture wrote:

They got quite a bit of rain over the weekend... The dock was still above the water Saturday when we made our way to Rosebary and completely underwater when we returned on Monday.

There's one noticeable beaver dam but you can run it heading to Rosebary. Might need to lift over on your way back. The current was so strong right after the storm on Monday it made our lift over much more interesting

I believe the beaver dam under the bridge at the access point blew out due to the abnormally high water and this is what's allowing the levels to get so high. I think we will be dealing with high water on the Tim until the end of the season now.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.