You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2018 12:49 pm  #1

Delaying arrival of reserved backcountry trip

Has anyone had to bump the duration (delay the start and extend the end) of an existing reservation? Any cautions about dealing with the process? If an original reservation is made online, would it be better to manage the "bump" online also, or would the phone system be better?

9/04/2018 2:48 pm  #2

Re: Delaying arrival of reserved backcountry trip

I would do it over the phone. The online system can be really glitchy when making these changes, depending on the duration of the trip. I just wanted to cancel some nights at the beginning of a trip (delay the start day, but keep the final date the same) and it was giving me serious issues so I called. Paid the change fees, and got an email confirmation with the new reservation info. Was pretty painless over the phone.

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

9/04/2018 3:47 pm  #3

Did this online a few weeks ago. Was booked Monday - Wednesday and switched tues - Thursday. All online. No problem at all. Had to pay a change fee but you pay that either way.

9/04/2018 8:15 pm  #4

I've had no problems making changes online.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.