You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2018 8:42 am  #1

Booth Lake Sites

I've checked out the PCI for Booth Lake campsites and was able to get some good information on the campsites on the eastern shore of the lake, but there is nothing about the western sites. 

Can anyone speak to the quality of campsites 11-18? I'd be particularly interested in campsite 11.

Also, how close together do campsites 3-7 feel when you are on them? They look pretty close on the map, but when your sitting in the site are you listening to your neighbors around the campfire?

Thanks in advance.

9/04/2018 11:32 am  #2

Re: Booth Lake Sites

11 would be alot nicer if people didn't cut hundreds of saplings off at a height of 1 foot. The take out is good though and fishing from shore around the island is good too for bass and pike.

9/04/2018 11:34 am  #3

I've stayed on 11 and liked it a lot.  There is a lot of room, great water access, and it is pretty open toward the western sky.  Last year there were the results of somebody's handiwork having sawed down some small live trees which ticked me off, but I would definitely recommend the campsite to you.  If you look my username up from September or October last year you'll see a trip report and some photos of this site.  13 and 14 were occupied while I was there, but I believe those are the two that have a big rocky cliff face at the top of the hill between them, and you could see people sitting up there - looked nice but heights bug me like dangling my legs over and it makes my legs rubbery just thinking about it.  I have stayed on 18 before, a long time ago, and was not inspired.  Not a lot of flat space, dark because the sun hardly ever hits it, big hill in back of the campsite so the sun goes down quickly there since that's the west side.  Hope this helps a little bit anyway.

9/05/2018 7:29 am  #4

I have stayed multiple times on 16 and like it a lot.  Nice easy put in.  Not much for views but nice site, it is sheltered from any winds and is quite shaded.  I have investigated #12; great views of McCarthy's creek , the marsh and Booth.  Up on top of a rise so you are open to a lot of wind but spacious.  I am a shoulder season camper so I can't speak to bug issues on these sites.  All this from memory of 4 years back, so take that into consideration too.

9/05/2018 10:22 am  #5

I've stayed on #12. As mentioned it has a commanding view of McCarthy creek and the lake. It was a nice site, with a good breeze. bugs were bad that weekend, but not on the site probably due to the breeze.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.