You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/30/2018 8:51 pm  #1

McCraney lake to Brule via Tern, Lady Bird and Furrow

Has anyone been through here before? Can anyone comment about this section, haven't been able to find anything about this one section of our trip. 

7/30/2018 10:26 pm  #2

Re: McCraney lake to Brule via Tern, Lady Bird and Furrow

In planing my trip to Brown Lake I used information found in this trip report:
http://algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.com/p/2013-canoe-maggie-clara-brown-canoe.html
This guy went from Clara Lake, which is one portage away from McCraney, and eventually through to Brule, after a night at Brown Lake. There is lots of detail about the journey.

Last edited by solos (7/30/2018 10:28 pm)

8/05/2018 9:15 pm  #3

Re: McCraney lake to Brule via Tern, Lady Bird and Furrow

Did the section from Clara to Brule in May right after ice out. Campsite on Tern is really rough, pretty much hammock only, little stumps from cut brush, no site on Lady slipper, the site on Furrow looks like a fire hit then a tornado. The site on Potter's creek south of Furrow was alright in spring but I wouldn't want to stay there in the summer. Lots of blowdowns on the northern section of the portage between Lady Slipper and Potter's creek. I thought Clara Lake was nice.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.