You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/30/2018 12:27 am  #1

Galipo Lake and Head Creek

Looking to do an end of August trip south of 60 since it's where I've spent the least time and wanted some input.  Route wise I'm considering from Galeairy, Clydegale, through Rence and down to South Galipo if passable, Louisa, Bonnechere or Kirkwood, Head or Harness, up Head Creek and down to Whitefish then out.

Length of days are long (as desired) but I wanted any input on the trip from Rence to South Galipo and how passable Head Creek would be late August.

If those rivers are too low to be passable I'll probably do Clydegale, North Grace, Dividing, Ragged, through Smoke/Little Island to Head, Louisa.

7/30/2018 3:52 am  #2

Re: Galipo Lake and Head Creek

Water is really low right now.  I wouldn't try Galipo this late unless things get really wet.  Never paddled Head so can't comment on that.

7/30/2018 6:24 am  #3

Re: Galipo Lake and Head Creek

Can’t comment on water levels, but I’ve heard the section between South Galipo and Clydegale can be really brutal.

Also check out my trip reports on MyCCR (same username), I’ve travelled these areas plenty of times and have tons of campsite pictures along with some other info that might help.

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.