You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/28/2018 5:18 pm  #1

Haliburton Highlands: Big Hawk to Blackcat Lake

Going back to HHWT for a 2nd time, this time from Big Hawk Lake to Blackcat. I hear the northeast site on blackcat is nicer than the other one on the west side, but it was taken for one of the nights, so I booked the West site for the 1st night and the Northeast one for the 2nd night.

Anyone been there? Any good? By any chance can you comment on the campsites? Just a bit worried that there might be a lot of bugs in West campsite since it doesn't look too open and may be a bit too deep in the woods. Was in HHWT a month ago and the bugs were just too annoying. 

Thanks

7/29/2018 10:12 am  #2

Re: Haliburton Highlands: Big Hawk to Blackcat Lake

This forum is pretty much only for Algonquin, for trip logs and info on HHWT go to MYCCR forum, there are trip logs there and you can ask questions there as well

7/30/2018 3:50 am  #3

tentsterforever wrote:

This forum is pretty much only for Algonquin, for trip logs and info on HHWT go to MYCCR forum, there are trip logs there and you can ask questions there as well

Hey, ya never know.   I was through there a few years ago and the west side site was nice. The North site had about a ten foot drop down to the rocks a few feet from the fire pit. If cocktails are part of the plan - stay on the west side.  

7/30/2018 8:10 am  #4

Chuck Enwinde wrote:

tentsterforever wrote:

Hey, ya never know.   I was through there a few years ago and the west side site was nice. The North site had about a ten foot drop down to the rocks a few feet from the fire pit. If cocktails are part of the plan - stay on the west side.  

lol, noted.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.