You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/26/2018 9:23 am  #1

Anyone been to Dividing Lake lately?

Does anyone know how the road is going in to Dagger Lake (access 14b) on Jeff's Map? I read a few trip reports and it seems a little sketchy, but I'm wondering if anyone has any current information on it's condition.

Also there are two reservable sites on Dividing Lake, but there is technically only one site that's in the park. The north site is purple on Jeff's Map..anyone know what the deal is with that?  And in general, anyone know what the sites are like there?

7/26/2018 9:30 am  #2

Re: Anyone been to Dividing Lake lately?

I was there last year with a friend. Did a trip log write up on AA: http://www.algonquinadventures.com/triplogs/MarkoMrkobrada/MarkoMrkobrada.htm 

Couple of thoughts: 
1. Access: It was fine for my Odyssey. Again, the bridge is washed out just before 14b, so it's an extra 5 min portage to Dagger Lake. 
2. Both sites are APP sites, Jeff's map is incorrect in this case. 
3. North site is nice with a rock face. South site is larger on a point. Both are good. 

One of my favourite access points. If you go, would love to hear an update (I'm not going this year... probably... September trip is still TBD :D)

Cheers
Marko

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.