LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/30/2018 7:46 am  #1


Photos from a recent 7 day fishing trip

I have been uploading photos to one of my Facebook albums daily from a recent trip out of Cedar Lake.
Swedish Pimple and I met up in Brent on the 22nd and started our journey across Cedar. We split up twice during the trip so I could do one of my typical 'marathon' style trips and he did a slightly more leisurely trip into Burntroot and back out. On Burntroot I also met up with a friend of mine who was in the middle of a 2 week solo trip. Needless to say the fishing was outstanding.
This link should allow everyone to view the entire album, as of right now days 1 and 2 have been posted.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156235446340984.1073741873.504655983&type=1&l=70d5926c72
Enjoy.

 

5/30/2018 11:58 am  #2


Re: Photos from a recent 7 day fishing trip

Great pics!  Thank you for sharing. 
How were the water levels on the Petawawa?  I went through there last year the second week of May and it was INSANE!   
Looking forward to your pics of Burntroot...it's one of my favourites.  
 

 

5/30/2018 12:08 pm  #3


Re: Photos from a recent 7 day fishing trip

going in was tough against the current and the wind,,  the water seemed high by looking at the old canoe paint marks on the rocks below the surface. two high water trails were done to avoid currents at the the falls. one along a road and another we missed on the way in. some one stuck up a yellow garbage bag to show the trail on the way out. i guess we just paddled by that one. i was happy to see the trail was marked coming out solo. 
  beautiful region of algonquin, 
  

 

5/30/2018 2:23 pm  #4


Re: Photos from a recent 7 day fishing trip

They did the same last year at the end of the Unicorn Hill portage (going towards Narrowbag). In fact the warden was there cutting the trail to the road when my son and I came through. Two guys had dumped the day before at that put in and had to bushwhack out to Cedar.
The warden through all of our gear (minus canoe) into the back of his truck and drove it up the road to the trail that takes you to Narrowbag. That was a nice treat after trudging up Unicorn Hill in 3 inches of snow.
Agreed...it’s a beautiful part of the park!

 

5/31/2018 6:09 am  #5


Re: Photos from a recent 7 day fishing trip

Great pics ATVenture!
I'd like to make one recommendation if I may...
More Fish porn! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

 

5/31/2018 8:10 am  #6


Re: Photos from a recent 7 day fishing trip

breed85 wrote:

Great pics ATVenture!
I'd like to make one recommendation if I may...
More Fish porn! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

Uploading some now... ;-)

     Thread Starter
 

5/31/2018 1:26 pm  #7


Re: Photos from a recent 7 day fishing trip

Great report and pics! I met Matthew Roy on his first evening out when he was camped at the end of the Stacks Rapids portage, May 11th. Friendly guy, and I'm glad to hear his trip went well. We talked for a while, and Matt shared some of his homemade beef jerky with me. It was a fantastic time to be in Algonquin. Say hello to Mathew for me!

 

5/31/2018 2:58 pm  #8


Re: Photos from a recent 7 day fishing trip

martin2007 wrote:

Great report and pics! I met Matthew Roy on his first evening out when he was camped at the end of the Stacks Rapids portage, May 11th. Friendly guy, and I'm glad to hear his trip went well. We talked for a while, and Matt shared some of his homemade beef jerky with me. It was a fantastic time to be in Algonquin. Say hello to Mathew for me!

He's a great dude! I first met up with him on his first night of a similar solo trip he did last Spring.

     Thread Starter
 

5/31/2018 9:24 pm  #9


Re: Photos from a recent 7 day fishing trip

ATVenture wrote:

breed85 wrote:

Great pics ATVenture!
I'd like to make one recommendation if I may...
More Fish porn! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

Uploading some now... ;-)

Yiahhhh. Thats the stuff! ;)

 

6/01/2018 7:44 am  #10


Re: Photos from a recent 7 day fishing trip

breed85 wrote:

ATVenture wrote:

breed85 wrote:

Great pics ATVenture!
I'd like to make one recommendation if I may...
More Fish porn! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

Uploading some now... ;-)

Yiahhhh. Thats the stuff! ;)

Lots more up now. ;-)
https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/33923853_10156463195235984_689902615391109120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=852aa70962b6e05ccc08a04388b6101b&oe=5BB3BCF6

     Thread Starter
 

6/08/2018 2:30 pm  #11


Re: Photos from a recent 7 day fishing trip

ATVenture wrote:

breed85 wrote:

ATVenture wrote:


Uploading some now... ;-)

Yiahhhh. Thats the stuff! ;)

Lots more up now. ;-)

VERY nice!
I need to get into some nice specs like those. I haven't had much luck with specs in the past couple years.

 

Board footera