You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2018 8:28 am  #1

Non Algonquin Trip Planning

Barry and the moderators .. I beg for forgiveness already ... I am planning a trip north of TO and am having trouble finding folks who have been there ..  I know folks here travel a lot and lots live in the TO area so I'm guessing many could help out with advice.  I'm going to the stretch of land between midland and Tobermory ... and points in between.  If someone has been there and could offer advice could they send me a message ?

I know this violates the spirit of an Algonquin site but if you could leave this up for a couple of days I will cheer for the Leafs  ... seems like a good deal  .. no ?

4/17/2018 11:30 am  #2

Re: Non Algonquin Trip Planning

"Cheer for the Leafs" .. boy, that's making a big assumption! A guy might get himself banned! LOL 

4/17/2018 12:06 pm  #3

Winnipeg might be a safer "neutral" team given geographical considerations. ;-)

4/17/2018 12:18 pm  #4

A Straight Line from Midland west to Tobermory is   Water.     you can drive from 17 south to get to Tobermory but if coming from south only access is  the Ferry.   if you are coming from Ottawa area my guess is you'll be bringing 17 across.  

4/17/2018 12:18 pm  #5

would it be keeping more with Algonquin wildlife if I cheer for the Ducks ...?

4/17/2018 3:34 pm  #6

Anaheim it is!

4/17/2018 5:00 pm  #7

I highly recommend the Lion's Head Provincial Nature Reserve, I've camped there a couple times. Beautiful views, good challenging hike and a decent little camping area that was a little busy last summer, not so much in the shoulder seasons. I've also hiked the Forty Hills/White Bluff trail just to the north across Isthmus Bay, also a good hike, less challenging. 

​Go Leafs.

4/17/2018 9:08 pm  #8

What is it you're asking about? What kind of trip? You're basically talking about all of southern and western Georgian Bay... parts of which I'm fairly familiar with. But I don't know what it is you're looking for in that large area...

If it's canoeing, fishing, or general travel, I trust you're aware that there are various forums on the net devoted to those pursuits not specifically related to Algonquin...

4/18/2018 8:01 am  #9

Hi Dan .. .I'm sending you a message with info  ...

4/18/2018 8:20 am  #10

I sent one to you as well Catto9 .. thanks

4/18/2018 11:41 am  #11

Hey DW I sent you a personal message but it looks like it disappeared...will try again.

Moonman.

4/20/2018 7:55 am  #12

Moonman ... I sent you a PM .. thanks

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.