You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/08/2018 7:46 am  #1

Eric at old JeffsMaps

I didn't want to continue the old thread - it got too long.

​I see on the Facebook page Eric says he has all the maps he didn't send out, and is going to reimburse us and send us a complimentary map.

​I emailed him, still no reply.  We shall see if there is any truth to this.  

​Just an FYI for anyone else in the same position as me.

Markus

4/08/2018 10:19 am  #2

Re: Eric at old JeffsMaps

Yep... the full convoluted post is here.

(and my somewhat bitter comment on it is here. haha)

4/08/2018 4:02 pm  #3

Ya, I hear you Dan, I've sent enough emails, so I'll be calm and believe it when I see it. 

4/09/2018 8:49 am  #4

Not expecting to get my money back. Takes a real incompetent fool to run a good product like JeffsMap into the ground like he has. I don't blame Jeff for cutting ties with this scumbag. Sad to hear he is going through mental health issues, but it is not an excuse to rob / scam people. If he's not going to deliver the product he shouldn't be selling anything.

Last edited by Lenny (4/09/2018 9:09 pm)

4/21/2018 6:59 pm  #5

Has there been any updates? I was looking for the western algonquin map today at MEC but no luck. If I order a map from jeffs maps will they deliver?

4/21/2018 7:24 pm  #6

pizzabones wrote:

If I order a map from jeffs maps will they deliver?

NO! I'm amazed this guy still has a merchant account.

4/26/2018 9:54 am  #7

Eric is a fraud and hack! He uses mental health issues as an excuse for robbing people. The only thing he has done recently is post a dancing video on the Jeff's Map facebook page. Based on what Jeff posted on MYCCR he owes Jeff a ton of money and refused to change the name after refusing to make any changes. 

Last edited by Lenny (4/26/2018 10:06 am)

4/26/2018 10:14 am  #8

No he won't deliver.  His Facebook Account is a lie.  As is he.  Too scared to reply to my email or call me. Anybody know his last name by chance?

Go online and print the route or buy a $5 canoe route map until Unlostify has APP out this summer.

4/26/2018 1:03 pm  #9

Sigh....

Last edited by jeffreym (4/26/2018 1:25 pm)

I make paddling maps! – MapsByJeff.com

4/26/2018 5:00 pm  #10

jeffreym wrote:

Sigh....

Must be so frustrating.

A mans gotta do, what a man's gotta do.

4/26/2018 7:23 pm  #11

I put it to bed, but I'll gladly give my opinion when asked about the subject. 

4/26/2018 7:54 pm  #12

Fortunately, I paid with paypal so I was able to dispute the transaction and am backed by paypal's fraud protection services. I also alerted them to the potential that he's using the website to rip people off. If you used paypal, you should file a dispute and a complaint.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, anyone have a Western Section of the map I can buy? We are leaving in two weeks out of Kiosk and don't have the map. 

4/26/2018 8:37 pm  #13

Chrismar sells maps of APP

Last edited by paddlindad (4/27/2018 6:25 am)

4/27/2018 5:25 am  #14

perrythomas wrote:

Fortunately, I paid with paypal so I was able to dispute the transaction and am backed by paypal's fraud protection services. I also alerted them to the potential that he's using the website to rip people off. If you used paypal, you should file a dispute and a complaint.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, anyone have a Western Section of the map I can buy? We are leaving in two weeks out of Kiosk and don't have the map. 

Private message me and I would be happy to leave one for you with Carmen at the access point, just return it to her when your trip is done. Let me know so I can make arrangements if you still need it.

4/27/2018 9:14 am  #15

Hi everyone, I received my map in the mail yesterday. I ended my paypal dispute. Hope everyone else has the same luck. Thanks to ATVenture for his willingness to lend me his. 

4/27/2018 12:08 pm  #16

perrythomas wrote:

Hi everyone, I received my map in the mail yesterday. I ended my paypal dispute. Hope everyone else has the same luck. Thanks to ATVenture for his willingness to lend me his. 

Good to hear!

4/27/2018 2:35 pm  #17

ATVenture wrote:

perrythomas wrote:

Good to hear!

Really nice gesture, @ATVenture. Membership to the AA forum has its privileges!

Last edited by RCSpartan (4/27/2018 2:36 pm)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.