You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/03/2018 10:25 am  #1

Sec lake ... nest ...

Does anyone know if there are updates on the eagle nest situation on Sec lake ?  I took a quick google and didn't see any links to updates for this year ... (but a few threads from these forums from last year, etc. ).

Is the assumption that as long as there is an active nest the island campsites will be closed?

Thanks

4/06/2018 2:51 pm  #2

Re: Sec lake ... nest ...

The eagles are still there and the site's still closed, given the number of baldies I've seen around here the past few months, I'd say the site won't be opening up again for a while.

4/10/2018 10:44 am  #3

Took my son out to Sec for his first Gonq trip last September.  At the park office I specifically asked about the eagles and the nest and the staff informed me that the eagles were gone and that we could use the island if we so wished.  Now, I'm not certain if they were gone-gone or just gone for the winter...in any event, if the eagles come back I'm sure the Park will let people know.

4/17/2018 8:21 am  #4

RPDUKE ... thanks for the update ... Sec is where I took my kids on their first backcountry camping and so we try and make it back each season ...

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.