You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/12/2015 12:21 am  #1

Beckwith Cabins Wabakimi P.P. Youtube Test

A test of posting Youtube video.
This is unedited video of my walk throught the beckwith Cabins on Best Island Whitewater lake Wabakimi P.P.
Mr Beckwith was found on the rock landing the Summer of 1980, having suffered from what is beleiverd to be a heart attack and the cabins have sat empty ever since, left to return to the Earth.

Edit: Well that worked well. Clicked on the Youtube button at the top of the message window and pasted the URL of the video from my browsers address bar. 
Nice.

Last edited by Rob H (8/12/2015 12:24 am)

8/15/2015 12:09 am  #2

Re: Beckwith Cabins Wabakimi P.P. Youtube Test

Could one of the mods please move this to "Photos and Videos to share" please.

8/15/2015 5:52 am  #3

Have yet to discover if we can move a total post to another category. At this point we are all in 'discovery mode'. If we do adopt this new forum, all these non-Algonquin and trial posts will be deleted anyway.

8/15/2015 2:20 pm  #4

Awesome videos rob. You must  have h ad such a blast up there.

8/15/2015 4:53 pm  #5

Rob - thanks for the post/vid. That had to of been a  great experience to have seen that 1st hand. I wonder what it would of been like living that way

8/17/2015 12:14 pm  #6

Thanks Guys. Peek I thought you might be interested in this, takes an old cabin to a new level. I also took some pictures of an old abandoned camp that has been empty since the late 70's.
Living there would have been different. By what I gather, with the help of the locals he looked after the properties during the Summer and retreated to the snail for the Winter to conduct his research.
It was an unusual feeling standing at the landing and realizing that I was standing pretty much where they found him after suffering what was believed to be a heart attack.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.