You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/25/2015 8:16 am  #1

3 Generations

I'm so excited I'm heading up to Algonquin next week for a three night trip with my dad and my 8 year old son.  I've been tripping in the park for 35 years with my dad, but it will be my sons first interior trip.  I'm super excited to do a trip with the three generations of us   My dad is pushing 70 so I'm not sure how many trips he has left in him.

9/25/2015 8:55 am  #2

Re: 3 Generations

Very nice. My trip to Parkside last month was technically also 3 generations but not in the same line, since it included my dad, a first cousin of mine and a couple of her kids... but the family branches are offset by a bit (ie my cousin is considerably older than me) so your trip will have a bigger age spread. What route are you guys tackling?

9/25/2015 9:05 am  #3

Just an easy trip for this one.  Going to paddle in to Tim Lake and set up a base camp and do some day trips from there.  We'll head down to Rosebary one day and then just poke around the rest.  We'll do a few night paddles as well if it is calm (I love that section between Tim Lake and the first portage into the Tim).  We like doing base camp tripping lately (the past few years).  As I say my dad is getting up there in age and the type of trips we used to do are just too much. 

9/25/2015 3:25 pm  #4

Hope you all have a great time and good weather
cheers
K

"Anyone can make love in a canoe, it's a Canadian who knows enough to take out the centre thwart!        Bahahaha!
                                                                      - Philip Chester

9/25/2015 11:41 pm  #5

Can't wait to see those photos.

It's always a pleasure to read your trip reports of trips with your dad.  Such a great tradition.

Fingers crossed for good weather, clear skies, and moose sightings.

Barbara

Take everything as it comes; the wave passes, deal with the next one.

Tom Thomson, 1877-1917

9/26/2015 7:26 am  #6

That's great Steve!

All the best on your trip. Thats quite special to get 3 egenerations out in the backcountry; take it all in!

Can't wait to see some shots of the fall colours.

Cheers!

"Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go Canoeing" - Henry David Thoreau

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.