You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/02/2018 7:45 am  #1

Unlostify Maps Are Now Available! =D

www.unlostify.com

3/02/2018 7:56 am  #2

Re: Unlostify Maps Are Now Available! =D

Revolutionary is the only word that comes to mind with respect to Unlostify.

Soon, all maps on TOURduPARK.com will be updated to Unlostify and we can say buh-bye to Jeff's Maps for good.

Awesome work Jeff & Deki!!!

3/02/2018 11:16 am  #3

Peek wrote:

Revolutionary is the only word that comes to mind with respect to Unlostify.

Soon, all maps on TOURduPARK.com will be updated to Unlostify and we can say buh-bye to Jeff's Maps for good.

Awesome work Jeff & Deki!!!

Agreed - Fantastic job Jeff/Deki!!!

Currently planning a couple trips, and ordered / downloaded my copies this morning...  Now have to wait until paddling season :-(

3/03/2018 8:36 am  #4

I've ordered/downloaded my set as well. Hopefully, they will also be available through avenza maps or their own app on the phone to use offline.

3/03/2018 8:45 am  #5

JohnR wrote:

I've ordered/downloaded my set as well. Hopefully, they will also be available through avenza maps or their own app on the phone to use offline.

They'll be available on iOS/Android via a different app...  Can't wait myself!  :-)

3/03/2018 8:47 am  #6

Ash wrote:

JohnR wrote:

They'll be available on iOS/Android via a different app... Can't wait myself! :-)

Im curious what app they will be using, or if they had their own developed?

3/03/2018 8:55 am  #7

Ash wrote:

JohnR wrote:

They'll be available on iOS/Android via a different app... Can't wait myself! :-)

Awesome news! Looking forward to it along with the algonquin map

3/03/2018 8:57 am  #8

ATVenture wrote:

Ash wrote:

JohnR wrote:

Im curious what app they will be using, or if they had their own developed?

From an Unlostify FB comment where I had ask about app :-):

"
Unlostify It'll be on iPhone/iPad/Android, but not through the Avenza app. We found an app we think is better

(ETA is probably a couple of weeks)
"

3/04/2018 6:41 pm  #9

Holy, you were fast Ash!

We only got 4 hours of sleep in the 48 hours before we released them, so we've been playing sleep catch-up since then haha.

Thanks so much for all your kind words and support. We both really, really appreciate it!

Re: the iOS/Android version, we'll be using the app GeoEditor for Map.

It's awesome!

At the most basic level it - just like the Avenza app - allows you to load in a map, locate yourself on the map, and use the map offline (with no cell connection). But it's extra awesome in that it allows you to load the map overtop of satellite imagery (similar to Google Earth, except that it also caches it for offline use!), and it has a much cleaner and easier to use UI :D

I make paddling maps! – MapsByJeff.com

3/05/2018 7:48 am  #10

jeffreym wrote:

Holy, you were fast Ash!

We only got 4 hours of sleep in the 48 hours before we released them, so we've been playing sleep catch-up since then haha.

Thanks so much for all your kind words and support. We both really, really appreciate it!

Re: the iOS/Android version, we'll be using the app GeoEditor for Map.

It's awesome!

At the most basic level it - just like the Avenza app - allows you to load in a map, locate yourself on the map, and use the map offline (with no cell connection). But it's extra awesome in that it allows you to load the map overtop of satellite imagery (similar to Google Earth, except that it also caches it for offline use!), and it has a much cleaner and easier to use UI :D

That sounds amazing Jeff!!! I cannot wait!
Like someone else mentioned, would you consider extending the new APP map a little further North to include the Mattawa River route from North Bay -> Mattawa? I think this would be an awesome addition!

3/05/2018 2:30 pm  #11

I ordered the whole set! 

As always Jeff they look awesome!

I had no idea you have an Algonquin map in the plans. I apologize if this has been discussed on facebook (I dont have it) but any timeline for the algonquin map?

I have been waiting longer then is comfortable for the other map that shall not be mentioned by name to get wall maps back in stock as I had an accident with my original...and still no luck. Its been a tough few months not being able to stare at AP in all its glory on my basement wall trying to plan my next adventures.

Cheers!

"Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go Canoeing" - Henry David Thoreau

3/05/2018 4:14 pm  #12

Coureur des Biere wrote:

I ordered the whole set! 

As always Jeff they look awesome!

I had no idea you have an Algonquin map in the plans. I apologize if this has been discussed on facebook (I dont have it) but any timeline for the algonquin map?

I have been waiting longer then is comfortable for the other map that shall not be mentioned by name to get wall maps back in stock as I had an accident with my original...and still no luck. Its been a tough few months not being able to stare at AP in all its glory on my basement wall trying to plan my next adventures.

Cheers!

oh, yeah, I second the enthusiasm for a wall map. I've been wanting to order one for a while now.  

3/05/2018 10:33 pm  #13

@ATVenture - Haha, yea, to my surprise we've gotten a few requests for that.

If we do a Mattawa R map though, it won't be part of the Algonquin map. That simply comes down to the fact that the travel patterns aren't linked. Joining the two maps under the Algonquin brand would be confusing, and would force us to link the development cycle, scale, etc of the Algonquin map to the Mattawa one and vice versa.

That said, the biggest reasons not to do a Mattawa map, as with many other maps, are manufacturing logistics and time.

Manufacturing Logistics: We need to order thousands of copies of a map at a time. We don't want to keep a given version of a map around for too long. If the math doesn't work out, that's a problem.
Time: We have more project ideas than time. Plus, every map we take on is a commitment to regular, future updates. Where does a given map fit in our list of priorities?

@Coureur des Biere/@AlgonquinLakes - Summerish. FYI we're thinking of doing some sort of display map, (similar purpose) but a different (we think better) form factor. But it's hard to speak to specifics this early on.

3/07/2018 4:46 pm  #14

Any chance a Temagami map is in the works?

3/08/2018 12:17 am  #15

Not for now

5/05/2018 10:42 pm  #16

Hi Jeff, any updates for iOS and algonquin?

5/06/2018 1:38 pm  #17

iOS - It's just a matter of getting the website done for it. We've been a bit distracted for the last little while with getting the maps into stores and a bunch of other starting up type stuff, but we're finally back on track. So I'm hoping this will be ready sooner than later

Algonquin - It's probably ~25% done right now? It'll be 2-3 more months at least, unfortunately . Later than we hoped for, but it's going to be awesome :D

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.