You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/29/2018 11:50 am  #1

Brain Lake

Is it worth fishing Brain for Specs given that there's also bass there?

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

1/29/2018 3:03 pm  #2

Re: Brain Lake

Can't comment on the fishing as I didnt fish during my trip to this area, but I will say the access road can be a total shit show in early spring. It's a super narrow, one-lane type of road. I had to 'cut a path' around a very deep mud pool that formed during my 6 day adventure. Took me nearly 2 hours. I really wasn't sure I'd get out.

Decent area though, 5/7 would go again.

Last edited by Peek (1/29/2018 3:03 pm)

1/30/2018 8:55 am  #3

I fish Brain Lake every couple of years I have family that live in the area and we usually have decent success I've never had any problems getting in but I can see if there is a lot of rain you could have issues with low clearance vehicles  If you get a chance you should fish stretch lake

Shawn G

1/31/2018 11:16 am  #4

No.  It's over run with small mouth bass, similar to Gilmour. Great place to take kids, though.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.