You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/01/2017 10:16 am  #1

November paddling

I'm desperately trying to figure out a way to get one more paddle in before the end of the year, but things keep getting in the way. At this point it's looking less and less likely that I'll get out, but if I do, it'd be fun to cross paths with anyone who's still out there. So who's got plans for the next few weeks, and where will they be?

11/01/2017 1:25 pm  #2

Re: November paddling

I want to get out for two nights this Fri/Sat/Sun. The weather is looking pretty decent, and I want to enjoy the daylight before Sunday. Not sure where I'm going to go yet though, probably somewhere pretty easy to get too.
As a matter of fact if anyone wants to go for a paddle this weekend send me a private message. I was planning on going solo but the more the merrier! Even if you can only come out Sat/Sun.. I wa thinking of hitting up a Splake lake or two off of 60.

Last edited by ATVenture (11/01/2017 1:36 pm)

11/01/2017 2:47 pm  #3

I was hoping to get out tomorrow for the week-end, but others things got in the way. Hopefully in 2 weeks. Definitely hitting some splake lakes. Awesome time of year to fish for these beaut's. 

I'm just gone Fishin!

11/01/2017 6:56 pm  #4

Splakin wrote:

I was hoping to get out tomorrow for the week-end, but others things got in the way. Hopefully in 2 weeks. Definitely hitting some splake lakes. Awesome time of year to fish for these beaut's. 

If you don't mind me asking I'm just curious where you were going to head? I'm looking for ideas for the weekend. :-)

11/02/2017 7:18 am  #5

Hi ATVenture! As long as they're not salting the roads I take the trailer up and stay at Mew. Really roughing it lol. Just do a bunch of day trips. Any stocked lake along the corridor will produce. The lake turnover is long gone and the lake is ready for freeze up very soon. If you apply your same methods as brook and lake trout fishing in the spring, you'll have no problem finding them. Heading up on the 16th for the weekend. Can't wait. Good luck, let us know how you made out! Cheers

I'm just gone Fishin!

11/08/2017 8:47 am  #6

Hey guys,

Thinking of going up to Mew for the 17th to 19th. Bringing the hot tents and stoves.

When does the trout season end?

Cheers
Marko

11/08/2017 5:31 pm  #7

Looks like great weather starting Sunday! Sun everyday and next to no wind for 3-4 days!
Anyone thinking about tripping? I'll likely be heading out there on Sunday or Monday!

11/09/2017 9:01 am  #8

Marko_Mrko wrote:

Hey guys,

Thinking of going up to Mew for the 17th to 19th. Bringing the hot tents and stoves.

When does the trout season end?

Cheers
Marko

In zone 15, brook trout and lake trout are closed. Splake are open year round, with the exception that all fishing for all species in Algonquin closes on Nov 30. So in the park, splake close Nov 30.

http://files.ontario.ca/environment-and-energy/fishing/2017/2017_FMZ_15_English.pdf

Keep in mind, splake are only found in stocked splake lakes, so if you want to go trout fishing you'll need a stocking list.

Last edited by nvm (11/09/2017 9:02 am)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.