You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/07/2017 12:39 pm  #1

Cell Coverage - East Side of Park

Just wondering if there is any cellular phone coverage in the area of Basin Lake Rd or Sec Lake?

I'm assuming not but thought I'd ask

10/07/2017 10:29 pm  #2

Re: Cell Coverage - East Side of Park

I didn't get any on Sec Lake earlier this year.

10/08/2017 1:00 am  #3

Mind if I ask what carrier you're with?  I pulled up the Telus coverage map and they seem to show that there's a bit of coverage in that area but I'm not sure how accurate their coverage map is. 

10/08/2017 8:08 am  #4

Last fall on Sec Lake I had VERY flaky coverage on the islands. I don't think I seen signs of service while I was awake, but when I woke up in the mornings my phone would have new messages, etc.

As a general rule of thumb if there is cell service on a campsite it will be by the thunderbox. Lol I'm not even joking. This year I experienced this on Big Trout, Happy Isle, Otterslide, and White Trout. No service anywhere except near the boom box.
A few years ago camping with my brother out of Rock Lake in the fall we stayed at a site on Pen for 2 nights, but realized on the last evening when I went to the bathroom that we had service at the box there as well.

10/08/2017 4:05 pm  #5

Steve, Not sure why you are asking but there is a Cell booster at the Sand Lake Gate and at Achray. So full service there.
Andrew why would you be checking your phone on the Thunderbox! Habbit perhaps? LOL.
My god I'm hating the inevitable day that cell coverage is everywhere.  

10/08/2017 4:13 pm  #6

That's perfect Martin thanks!  I'm looking at heading up that way but I have a young family including a baby at home and it's always nice to be able to check in a couple of times.  As much as I hate being connected in places like that it does have its benefits when you have a young family.  That's good to know about the booster!

10/08/2017 4:26 pm  #7

MartinG wrote:

Steve, Not sure why you are asking but there is a Cell booster at the Sand Lake Gate and at Achray. So full service there.
Andrew why would you be checking your phone on the Thunderbox! Habbit perhaps? LOL.
My god I'm hating the inevitable day that cell coverage is everywhere.  

Haha! I didn't realize there was a booster at Achray as well.
I found out we had service because I had my phone in my pocket for some reason or another while going about my business.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.