You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/22/2017 10:27 pm  #1

My Smoke to Cache loop during the Labour Day rainfall

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

9/25/2017 10:58 am  #2

Re: My Smoke to Cache loop during the Labour Day rainfall

Probably good for your throat and fever situation that you did get out a day early.  There are plenty of things that can turn a trip into misery, and falling ill on the trip is pretty high on that list.  It is right up there with completely soaked sleeping bag and food going bad/getting destroyed. 

9/25/2017 7:09 pm  #3

Re: My Smoke to Cache loop during the Labour Day rainfall

dontgroandaddy wrote:

Probably good for your throat and fever situation that you did get out a day early.  There are plenty of things that can turn a trip into misery, and falling ill on the trip is pretty high on that list.  It is right up there with completely soaked sleeping bag and food going bad/getting destroyed. 

I agree. During the day, my throat wasn't too bad and there were no signs of fever. It was only once we got to the car and our bodies had a chance to relax that it hit me like a ton of bricks. But definitely better that I had a proper bed that night; a good sleep was all I needed to get rid of the fever.

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.