You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/18/2017 7:44 pm  #1

Where In Algonquin? #188

Name not only the body of water, but also the specific point on the body of water where this was taken :-)

9/18/2017 9:34 pm  #2

Re: Where In Algonquin? #188

I feel like I guess this every time I guess, but it looks like Club Lake to me, the northern part of it, west of the ruins.

9/19/2017 7:03 am  #3

dontgroandaddy wrote:

I feel like I guess this every time I guess, but it looks like Club Lake to me, the northern part of it, west of the ruins.

It does look a little like that spot doesn't it!  But nope, not Club L

9/19/2017 2:33 pm  #4

Near the ranger cabin on mcintosh marsh?

9/19/2017 5:34 pm  #5

vanslyke wrote:

Near the ranger cabin on mcintosh marsh?

Nope, not McIntosh M...  NW of here...

9/21/2017 1:55 pm  #6

I feel like its the part of Craig Lake that not many see.. towards the longer of the two portages to Pishnecka?

9/21/2017 5:48 pm  #7

Peek wrote:

I feel like its the part of Craig Lake that not many see.. towards the longer of the two portages to Pishnecka?

Nope :-).  Further south...

9/23/2017 5:09 pm  #8

Hmm, perhaps another hint...  To recap above hints - It's NW of McIntosh M, and S of Craig L...  Another hint would be its a river...

:-)

9/29/2017 8:26 am  #9

Just a brief interjection. A complaint was received about a following "Where In Algonquin?" post.

"Hey Barry, or Moderator, someone took a screenshot of Solopaddler's father & son fishing trip video report and posted it in the "Where in Algonquin" in an effort to find his fishing hole. Clever, but a little too greasy for my taste."

I've verified that the image was "lifted" from the video in question. The motivation of the poster doesn't appear in keeping with the spirit of the forum. As a result, I've deleted that thread.

9/29/2017 10:43 am  #10

Barry, the 'user' should be deleted and IP banned too, no? For their first post ever, they decided to try and fool the forum users and their post was out of line, sneaky (or greasy as the complainant would say, and I agree) and in poor taste. Probably the same fool who initiated the FOI request to begin with. Let sleeping dogs lie people, the attempts to reveal the locations are just getting pathetic and these people have zero respect for the fishery - or Algonquin.

Also, I didn't think new users could post photos until they've made a minim of 'x' number of posts. I think that is an important rule to keep around, thus avoiding ghost accounts such as this.

And nowwwwwwwww back to the show!

South River, near Winifred Lake?

9/29/2017 11:19 am  #11

Peek wrote:

Barry, the 'user' should be deleted and IP banned too, no? For their first post ever, they decided to try and fool the forum users and their post was out of line, sneaky (or greasy as the complainant would say, and I agree) and in poor taste. Probably the same fool who initiated the FOI request to begin with. Let sleeping dogs lie people, the attempts to reveal the locations are just getting pathetic and these people have zero respect for the fishery - or Algonquin

HEAR HEAR !!

no idea where the pic is....

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

9/29/2017 11:59 am  #12

Yikes!  Seems I've gotten my WIAPP post caught up in quite the scandalous one lol!  Certainly not my call, but I definitely agree with Peek - Ban!

Moving onto the show...  Peek's got it!

It's on the South R at the end of the 2470m portage from Mujekeewis L...

9/29/2017 1:42 pm  #13

@Peek .. Yes. I've deleted the thread that was initiated, deleted the user account, and also banned the IP address and email account.

@ShawnD .. The individual had created a separate "Where In Algonquin"  #'d thread. I've deleted that entire thread. 

9/29/2017 2:55 pm  #14

Love it Barry - that's awesome.

I'll post a good WiA when I get home from work. It'll be a waterfall, so shouldn't be too difficult.

10/01/2017 6:58 am  #15

Glad to hear he's banned.  Pretty sure he got what he wanted though so that sucks. 
Good riddance to bad rubbish!

10/05/2017 3:01 pm  #16

Sorry guys, I've been insanely busy (gettin' hitched tomorrow!!!!) so I didn't have time to post the next WiA photo. Since I'll be gone for the next 2 weeks, I invite anyone who would like to post the next Where in Algonquin photo to do so.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.