You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/26/2017 5:16 pm  #1

Solo on Pardee (lots of campsite pictures)

My trip from last weekend - lots of rain and gear failures, but I came out alive. I took lots of campsite pictures from Pardee, Kirkwood, Phipps, and Bonnechere, they're all at the bottom of the report.

Already posted on My CCR, so here's the link: http://www.myccr.com/phpbbforum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=46204

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

8/29/2017 5:06 am  #2

Re: Solo on Pardee (lots of campsite pictures)

Hi trippythings,

I just finished reading your TR on CCR.  For a 3-day solo, it seems you had a 'mini-epic' trip!
I've had a couple of those, myself!  
Would'nt make the same culinary choice though...KD without curry is, well, just mac'n'cheese!
Thanks for posting your TR..your good pics increase the anticipation of my own upcoming solo trip in mid-Sept.!
And puns are ok, as long as chipmunks don't start to talk back to ya!

Cheers!

Sean

8/29/2017 7:02 am  #3

Thanks Sean. Where are you heading mid-September? I'll be looping from canoe to burntroot during that time.

Yup pretty much just mac and cheese with some bacon! I guess it's not too exciting for most people, but I'm ok with having really simple meals when camping

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

8/29/2017 8:38 am  #4

I haven't yet finalised my route. Had to change my plan/dates as my buddy cancelled due to his work schedule.
Wasn't planning originally for a solo trip but decided I will go anyway, starting at Rock Lake, a 3 hr drive from Ottawa.
As for meals, on solo trips I'm a big fan of 'flat food'...ie...just boil water, stir and nosh-on...no mess, no fuss!!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.