You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/17/2015 12:11 pm  #1

New Ruin Added! Old Foundation, Little Cauchon Lake

Hey all,

Another ruin location has been added to my website. Check out the Old Foundation on Little Cauchon Lake.

I must admit, this is probably one of the 'newer' ruin sites based on the construction type and materials, along with young growth within the foundation walls.

If anyone who has been canoeing in this area for a few decades has more information on this particular ruin site, I'd sure like to hear about it. It's a very large foundation and appears to have had a traditional log-hut style structure attached to it.

------------

In addition to the new ruin site, I've also added about a dozen photos to three of the six photo albums. Included in the updates are: Wildlife of Algonquin, Food of Algonquin and Scenic Algonquin.
However the Cliffs of Algonquin, Waterfalls of Algonquin and The Logging Museum albums remain unchanged at this time.

------------

Finally, there are two more ruin updates coming in the near future. Though I am aware there are still a few known ruin sites/locations I haven’t covered, there may also be the odd one that isn’t so well-known. I've been very lucky to have had about a half dozen people proactively contact me with locations that aren't currently mentioned on any maps. So far the ones I've been able to verify by visiting have not disappointed in the least. Thanks to those who gave me the lead on some very interesting places, and allowing me to share it with the rest of the paddling and exploration community. If there are any locations or sites you know of, or even heard rumours of and would like to share it - please do not hesitate to contact me.

Happy Exploring!

9/28/2015 12:05 pm  #2

Re: New Ruin Added! Old Foundation, Little Cauchon Lake

Heya there Peek,

I've got the info for you.
Shoot me an email jwbryon@gmail.com and I'll forward you what I have.

Cheers,
JB

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.