You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/10/2017 8:09 am  #1

Pinetree Lake

My sister and I are heading up to Pinetree Lake for the Labour Day long weekend. I'm curious about the northernmost site on the lake (closest to the Pinetree portage). Has anybody stayed there?

Also any tips for daytrips? Are the ski trails accessible from the lake?

Thanks in advance!

8/10/2017 10:26 am  #2

Re: Pinetree Lake

Yes, I have camped at the site you are referring to and it is an excellent site, with firewood at the back of it.  Mind you, this was back around 2002.  And yes you can access the ski trails from this site with a little bit of bush whacking.  There is a stream at the back of the site that flows into Pinetree.  If you follow this stream up to where it forks (about 10 minute walk), take the right fork and it will take you to Leaf Lake.  From here there is a nice trail that will take you right up to Bud Lake and around it to Highway 60.
​I managed to get to the ski trail from this site pretty easily (although an uphill climb).  Also, at back of your site, there is another trail to your left that takes you to a lookout that is pretty amazing.  From this spot you can see all of Pinetree Lake as well as other parts of Algonquin Park.  It is a pretty steep uphill climb though, again about a 10 minute climb.

Last edited by boknows (8/10/2017 10:31 am)

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.