You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/03/2017 10:10 am  #1

4 Days solo - Kiosk-Manitou-Maple Loop - Part 1

I just published the first part of my new trip report. Please let me know what you think!
Part 2 should be up tomorrow morning!
http://www.myatventure.ca/4-days-solo-kiosk-manitou-maple-loop-day-1/

8/03/2017 1:50 pm  #2

Re: 4 Days solo - Kiosk-Manitou-Maple Loop - Part 1

Thanks for sharing! I always enjoy your reports.

I always think of going fly-less but then get nervous and put the fly on. I'm a pretty deep sleeper and am not sure I'd wake up fast enough to get it on before things got wet in the event of a rain. Many times I've woken up a bit damp because I slept with the doors rolled back and it had rained. Some day, I'll make it happen!

8/04/2017 9:16 am  #3

Thanks Claire! I'm glad you enjoy them! 
I have the same fear about going flyless, to date I've only had the courage to do it a single time. Haha

8/04/2017 10:22 am  #4

I've done the portage from Three Mile to Manitou but wouldn't want to tackle going up that hill.
I'm glad your pup got some relief!!

8/04/2017 7:44 pm  #5

This report covered my first ever visit to Algonquin Park. You're pictures are beautiful and bring back many good memories. I'm envious of your ability to solo trip with your dog. That's a dream for me one day. Now off to read the next couple days report! Thanks for sharing.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.