You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/18/2017 10:31 am  #1

North Tea, Three Mile, Manitou

I'm about a week out of our 5 days boys trip and looking for points of interest and good campsites. We'll be targeting smallmouth primarily throughout the trip as well.

We'll be starting at Kawaymog, and targeting the East Arm of North Tea towards Mangotasi the first night. Night two on Three Mile, night three on Manitou, and night four on North Tea again.

Any tips or sites to target out there?

7/18/2017 11:59 am  #2

Re: North Tea, Three Mile, Manitou

On Three Mile, the island with 3 sites, the southernmost one is really nice but supposedly there was a fire there last season so don't know current conditions. The site just northwest of the northern island site looked nice as well. The northern island site itself is pretty terrible. And the small island site by itself wasn't too great, had a really eerie vibe.

On manitou I saw mostly the northern sites and I assume you won't be paddling that far, but the tiny stranded island site was really nice, and so is the second smallest island (with 2 sites, just below the word Manitou). The site right at the end of the 1355m portage is nice and has a massive beach, but that's probably too far for your route.

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

7/18/2017 12:04 pm  #3

North Tea east arm, good fishing. The falls going into Manitou are pretty cool. I have stayed on site # 56 a few time its quite nice with a great rock to jump off of for swimming on the back of the island, the rock is a bit under water but drops of quite deep. its a smaller island so you will have to source firewood elsewhere.
I was headed to site #64 in early May but we didn't get that far because of the rain and snow. But we did check it out on previous trips and it has a nice sanding landing and lots of tent spots and ample fire wood supply on the island.
The weeds get quite bad on the Amable du Fond River later in the season and its is a pain to paddle through sometimes. The water has been quite high so it may not be an issue.

Have a good trip!

(the site numbers are located on the PCI list)

7/25/2017 9:13 am  #4

Thanks for the pointers here guys.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.