You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/10/2017 3:13 pm  #1

Where to go with a young child??

Hey,

Going to Algonquin park sometime at the end of August, beginning of September. I've been in the park dozens of times but always solo or with a fellow camping enthusiast. This will be the first time brining the Family (wife and child).

Was thinking of just going to Sunday Lake and staying the island. Nice and close. A few small Portages close by for day trips. Nice and easy to get too.

Anyone on here know any other places similar to this that would accommodate a small child and a 20 week pregnant wife for 3-5 days?

Thanks for any tips and locations!

Rob

7/10/2017 3:45 pm  #2

Re: Where to go with a young child??

lots of places to go. paddle in sites from rock lake campground , crotch lake and farm lake. 
a bit farther away on the west side through kearny to Tim lake. None have portages, all have decent sites.
a short easy portage around a dam in rock lake gets you to Galeiry. Several nice sites there, although there can be motorboats on both rock and galeiry. make sure to check the online reservation system to see if your choice of lake has sites left.

7/11/2017 8:06 am  #3

The sites on Crotch Lake are only about a 15 minute paddle from the put in. Gravel beach but I think it's one of the nicer places to swim in Algonquin. 

7/14/2017 10:25 am  #4

Hi Rob .. I've been taking my kids to the park since they were about 3 or 4 years old .. .if fishing is important send me an email I'll let you know some sites we like.  

pccottawa17@gmail.com

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.