You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/10/2017 8:50 am  #1

Lorne Lake (Access #1)

what can people tell me about Lorne Lake?
I'm looking for a quiet(er) place for a trip at the end of July.
Relative level of quiet?
Campsites?
Swimming?

Thanks,
B

7/15/2017 11:58 am  #2

Re: Lorne Lake (Access #1)

Hi B,

I was at Lorne lake last week, and it's a beautiful spot. If you're looking for quiet, this may be just perfect - the portage from North Tea likely deters many from going there. We spent one night there and were the only party on the whole lake. I believe we camped at the northern most site, which was not overused but well used enough that there were great spots for tents and to jump in the lake for a swim. The swimming was great, although a bit cool for July. I don't think you'll be disappointed here!

All the best in your planning.

Rich

7/15/2017 1:11 pm  #3

Quiet you will definitely get. I looped through Lorne - Fassett  - Fasett Creek a few years ago (camped on Lorne and Fassett) and saw virtually nobody. Don't recall anything about the campsites or swimming I'm afraid, but here's a pic from the eastern point site:

7/16/2017 3:31 pm  #4

We stayed on Lorne last Aug for 1 night and it was my favourite spot in our whole 9 day trip. Unfortunately, we were only there one night, wish we had planned to stay there longer. Saw 2 other parties paddle through (it was late Aug) and 1 other party actually on the lake the same night. Very quiet. Very picturesque. The site we stayed at was the one on the point on the east shoreline. Spacious and nice. Didn't appear to have over-use. Although the portage from North Tea is longish (by some standards), it is one of the nicest portages I have walked. Would not hesitate to go to Lorne for a longer stay sometime.

7/17/2017 9:54 am  #5

Stayed on Lorne two summers ago on the North end. Some folks built a handy "dock". Swimming was good with a gradual decline. Jumping rock directly across from the store just Southeast on the opposite shore. Lake trout were following my bait to the boat like muskie lol. Didn't pull anything too large out of there.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.