You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/09/2017 9:21 am  #1

May 2017 - 5 Day Solo Trip Video

Hello, all! My name is Joe.
This is my first post, hoping to join your awesome community.
I hope you enjoy the video. 

7/09/2017 10:37 am  #2

Re: May 2017 - 5 Day Solo Trip Video

Hey Joe welcome to the group!  I remember watching you on Alone Season 1....great video you've shared with us....looks like you had an awesome trip!  Thanks for sharing.

Question for you...how do you recharge your GoPro while on a long trip like that?  Do you bring an external battery pack?  (I'm not done watching your video yet so maybe you explain that....)

7/09/2017 5:49 pm  #3

Welcome to the forum, Joe. Great video as always. I look forward to reading your contributions on this site.

7/22/2017 11:57 am  #4

Hi Joe,
The bird at 27:32 is a white-throated sparrow 

7/22/2017 2:25 pm  #5

Joe,
Know you already from your youtube videos. Nice to see you getting into trout fishing and canoe camping. You have the toughness to get into the right lakes but your tactics are lacking. Should ,for instance , have done way better on the Nip R ,even with the super high water levels. PM me for some tips. 

7/29/2017 7:35 pm  #6

Welcome Joe!  Love your trip log re canoeing, fishing and camping in the GREATEST PARK IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!

​Being an old timer (started at least 1 interior trip from all access points), this video took me back to a trip I did in the early 1980's.  I had the same problem as you trying to get up those small rapids from Burntroot Lake into Longer Lake.  I had to paddle the RH shoreline a few times, grabbing on branches to pull me up, to get to the end as twice I got the front of my canoe out too far and down the rapids I went to start again.

​Looking forward to seeing more posts from you on this site.  By the way, I love watching your videos....keep them going!

Last edited by boknows (7/29/2017 7:38 pm)

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

7/30/2017 7:01 am  #7

Our community must be so awesome that it warrants a single, drive-by self promotional post.

;-)

7/30/2017 9:46 am  #8

Lol PaPaddler I was starting to think the exact same thing....  Someone looking for more clicks on their Youtube page me thinks...

7/30/2017 2:36 pm  #9

Aw come on guys give Joe a break . Sure he might be trying to draw a few more hits his way but the poor bugger is trying to make some kind of living off being an outdoorsman . He won't get rich off youtube anyway. I'm sure he'll plug this website on his videos so its a two way street . He has some talent and it would be a shame to see him throw in the towel and end up selling real estate. 

7/30/2017 3:24 pm  #10

I don't disagree I do enjoy his videos...but it does make me raise an eyebrow when someone drops a single post and then disappears.  Hopefully he'll come back...

8/02/2017 7:21 pm  #11

Steve E wrote:

I don't disagree I do enjoy his videos...but it does make me raise an eyebrow when someone drops a single post and then disappears.  Hopefully he'll come back...

Don't count on it, Lol. He has become so popular on YouTube he can't even keep up to comments on there any more.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.