You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2017 9:52 am  #1

Linda Lake campsites

Based on recommendations from this forum, my wife, dog and myself will be making our first ever overnight canoe trip to Linda Lake next week. Initially we had the lake to ourselves as we were the only reservation for the lake. As of today there are 2 of 3 booked. On the off chance the island site is occupied, what are your choices for an alternate site? PCI has #1 the island site and #3 listed.  3 does not seem great, but I am sure it would do. Does anyone know what are 2 and 4 like?

Thanks,

Steve

6/28/2017 10:36 am  #2

Re: Linda Lake campsites

Hey Steve - I'm the one that submitted the campsite to the PCI, and I'm probably the one that convinced you to do your trip there (I love that lake!) lol

Anyways I've been there a couple times and have checked out every site (haven't been on land to the eastern site, but from the water it looks very nice). You should be going straight for the island and eastern, and if those are taken, then the south site.

Here's my trip report with more detail: http://www.myccr.com/phpbbforum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=45348

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

6/28/2017 11:37 am  #3

Thanks Trippy. Yes it was your help that made me pick Linda Lake for a beginner trip. It's been decades since I have been tripping in Algonquin as a teenager in scouts, so I am still a rookie. We are leaving early to try get the island site. We were the only reservation on the Tuesday with someone being on the lake Monday. I hope they have the island and are leaving Tuesday, giving us the island as it would be best with a dog. Now there are others on the lake to compete with, but we will get one of the others you mentioned.

6/28/2017 12:25 pm  #4

You can have a bit of fun using some logic to figure out the odds of getting a site. How many reservations the same day as you, the day before, at the surrounding lakes, etc. Considering Linda is in a relatively contained (and small) loop, it makes it a bit easier to figure out.

But at the end of the day I would just try and get on the water as early as possible, hope for the best, and make the best of it regardless of what site you end up with.

If you do end up with the island, there will be very little wood available. I'd paddle to the portage leading towards Iris to gather wood. The other portage has a steep landing, and the dock I mention in my trip report isn't as good as the Iris portage.

If you need any other unsolicited advice just let me know lol

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.