You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/18/2017 9:10 am  #1

5 day camping trip on Opeongo Lake

I have never camped on Opeongo Lake.  I am planning on taking a 5 day canoe trip and camping on some campsite in the Southern Arm from August 3 - 8.

Does anyone know of any campsites in Southern Arm that have some kind of a sandy beach?  I do not wish to camp on an island.

Bo

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

6/18/2017 9:52 am  #2

Re: 5 day camping trip on Opeongo Lake

there is a nice sand bar /beach just behind " bates island" (ask the water taxi guys) several miles from the access. any where along "sunny side" is nice. "erics" island in the north end , private small beach near " bear island" and the "redrock" portage,,
 i think the best beach sites are on the " east arm " several campsites along there before "annie bay" entrance. there is a nice spring for fresh water that bleeds out onto the beach,,,,, easy to find.
      i hope that helps

6/18/2017 10:26 am  #3

Re: 5 day camping trip on Opeongo Lake

Thanks Swede.

Yes, I know all about the sandy beaches going through the narrows to the east arm and also beaches in the east arm and just before the narrows on the right hand side.

I am not planning on canoeing any further than the South Arm.  I am presently thinking of camping on the point on the western shoreline by the narrows close to Bates Island or perhaps the site in the narrows on the eastern shoreline close to Englehart Island.  However, if i find a nice site past Bates Island that I like, I would more than likely claim it.

Bo

Last edited by boknows (6/18/2017 10:39 am)

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.