You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/08/2017 4:54 pm  #1

Access 3 to L. Misty

Got a mini trip planned in 2-3 weeks for Access 3 for a 2 nights. Plan on paddling the Petawawa and with all this rain I wonder how the conditions will be with the portage Trail and river water levels.   Anyone know the current conditions or been there recently?

5/15/2017 2:40 am  #2

Re: Access 3 to L. Misty

Just back from a trip that took us through that section.  The Pet was ripping pretty good.  It probably would not have been a lot of fun paddling up river though we did meet a group at the Daisy lake portage that had just done it.  We camped at Misty L the first night.  Portages were a little muddy but I'm sure things will dry out and the river will be a little closer to normal by the time your trip starts.

5/15/2017 11:02 am  #3

Chuck Enwinde wrote:

...Portages were a little muddy but I'm sure things will dry out and the river will be a little closer to normal by the time your trip starts.

Don't count on it. The one time I was up that way was Sept/15 and even that late into the season, one of those portages on the way to Daisy had a large area of boot-sucking mud at the put-in. Looked to me like a permanent situation. Poor Corky had mud right up to her belly! Wish I had taken a picture - she was not impressed.

But it's all good! Don't let that stop you!

Dave

5/15/2017 8:03 pm  #4

Been there soon after ice-out with snow still melting and streams running down portages. Even then everything was passable, though one won't want to wear his best shoes. You should be dry and safe from ankles up.

5/17/2017 12:32 am  #5

Thanks to all for the updates. Only 3 days away

5/24/2017 8:09 am  #6

Back from the weekend trip access 3 to L. Misty first night. Then 2nd night on Daisy and next day back to access 3 and home. The portage from Pond/Acme to Daisy was muddy. Site at L. Misty is pretty open not much cover but did have three very good grills on site. There's a dam you got  to go over along the Petawawa on way to L. Misty from Daisy. It's uphill on the dam on way back to Daisy but off to the left side you can pass it by getting out of canoe and hauling it over a small area and then back in. Overall a great trip.

5/24/2017 11:17 am  #7

went through this area over the may long weekend as well (likely met you gopenguins!) the portages were not too muddy on the way in Friday, but with the full day of rain on sunday the portages were pretty boggy between Misty and Magnetewan. Paddling back up the Pet was slow going due to the high water current and head wind, and there is one good size log over the river which almost ate by go pro. 

5/25/2017 2:55 am  #8

We were in a 3 man canoe

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.