You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/02/2017 7:46 pm  #1

RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN EVERYWHERE

I have been following weather forecasts for my trip this coming Saturday.  Best I can find at the moment is the area around Huntsville and also around Deux Rivieres.  Allan, North Depot, North River and Cedar Lake and vicinity are now in my plans as I lived near Huntsville for almost a year so would like to go somewhere I haven't been to in a long time.  I am now thinking of going in on Sunday towards Brent and see what lakes are available to interior camp on.  Carl Wilson Lake is looming high for me to visit again!

The weather from Sunday to the next Saturday at Deux Rivieres right now is calling for VERY LITTLE  RAIN.  Also, going in on a Sunday I would think would be best to get an interior site as many will be coming out that day as well.  Hope so anyways?

Last edited by boknows (5/02/2017 7:50 pm)

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

5/02/2017 7:58 pm  #2

Re: RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN EVERYWHERE

I've been having a bit of luck in the North.. ;-) These were from Sunday.. I had to stop fishing after an hour or so because I didn't want to injure/keep any more.

Last edited by ATVenture (5/02/2017 8:11 pm)

5/02/2017 7:58 pm  #3

Hey bo, looks like most of southern/ central Ontario is under a bit of a gloomy 3 week weather pattern- doubt anyone can escape it.  The bugs are going to suck once it all settles.

5/03/2017 5:01 am  #4

Dmanwithnoname wrote:

Hey bo, looks like most of southern/ central Ontario is under a bit of a gloomy 3 week weather pattern- doubt anyone can escape it. The bugs are going to suck once it all settles.

Fer sure......you won't see me in the Park in the month of June this year.  I like to keep all my blood that I still have and do not want to look like a "puffin" fish.

5/03/2017 5:11 am  #5

ATVenture wrote:

I've been having a bit of luck in the North.. ;-) These were from Sunday.. I had to stop fishing after an hour or so because I didn't want to injure/keep any more.

You have exactly the same fishing knife as I do.  Nice catch to cook over a campfire.  It is 99.9% certain that I will be heading into Allan/North Depot Lakes this Sunday.  Haven't been here for over 15 years but I still know the best areas of these two lakes to fish.  And then you also have the North River as well to fish for specks.  I decided on these two lakes as they are not big and thus more safe for me to canoe on solo.  And only 1 small portage from Wendigo to Allan so my minor health problems should not be an issue going in here.  If you are in the area, my "signage"?? for my campsite is a Canadian Flag and a Nunavut Flag (look it up).  Drop in for a beverage and I will entertain you with my guitar playing????? as I plan on bringing in my guitar as like you I will get really tired of catching trout and need to find a way to spend some quality time.

Worst case scenario is I have to stay in Motel in Deux Rivieres and day trip into Allan and North Depot.  Actually, this might even be better than camping????????

Last edited by boknows (5/03/2017 5:34 am)

5/03/2017 5:43 am  #6

Hey Bo, I may just take you up on that! I've been in something like the same boat as you (no pun intended) for the past week, trying to figure out where I'm headed for a five-day outing. The north end of the Park is by far my favourite and pretty much always the area I return to. The draw is just too strong. And Wendigo access has been high on my list this time for similar reasons, although I have no idea of the fishing hot-spots. My only issue is I'd like to avoid the rain to the extent possible while still getting in early to mid-May before bug-out. Still not sure of my departure date because of this but it's looking more and more like later next week when I check out the long-term forecast for the area (not that that's reliable at all LOL). How long are you planning to be in there for?

5/03/2017 6:03 am  #7

Trillium16 wrote:

Hey Bo, I may just take you up on that! I've been in something like the same boat as you (no pun intended) for the past week, trying to figure out where I'm headed for a five-day outing. The north end of the Park is by far my favourite and pretty much always the area I return to. The draw is just too strong. And Wendigo access has been high on my list this time for similar reasons, although I have no idea of the fishing hot-spots. My only issue is I'd like to avoid the rain to the extent possible while still getting in early to mid-May before bug-out. Still not sure of my departure date because of this but it's looking more and more like later next week when I check out the long-term forecast for the area (not that that's reliable at all LOL). How long are you planning to be in there for?

I will be camped on Allan Lake from May 7 to May 14.....yes....would be nice to meet you and share fish stories....I can share with you some good spots to fish on these two lakes.

5/03/2017 8:51 am  #8

Definitely going to be a soggy weekend! I will be taking my heavy duty rain gear this weekend!!

5/03/2017 2:02 pm  #9

Going in on Friday with a couple of friends, we're going to try to tough it. We might not be able to complete our original route as planned though 

Last edited by monk_d (5/03/2017 2:02 pm)

5/03/2017 7:21 pm  #10

We're hoping it will let up by Monday and that there will be enough sun midweek to dry out anything wet...

5/03/2017 7:33 pm  #11

Buddies and I had a weekend trip planned to Pardee beginning Friday.  Between the rainfall warning and the crappy weather forecast for the whole weekend, we're pulling the plug.

Good luck to those of you going in regardless!  Stay warm!

Fred

5/03/2017 8:58 pm  #12

Heading up this sunday for a 2 nighter. Had a lot of luck on may weather over the years, luck might finally be up. I think id prefer snow over rain, but who knows these forecasts are all over the place.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.