You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2017 10:51 am  #1

Snow Lake

So I was poking around the Parks reservation backcountry site and noticed that there looks like there is a site on Snow Lake which is between Big Bissett Lake and Allan Lake.  No matter what date I put in it shows as unavailable/closed.  The weird thing is that this lake is not on any type of canoe route and doesn't look like it has any road access.  The FOAP map and Jeff's Map also don't show a site on that lake.  It just seems odd that the reservation system would list a lake with a site that you can't reserve or even seem to get to.

Just pondering.  Can you tell I'm itching to get back on the water?

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

4/07/2017 4:01 pm  #2

Re: Snow Lake

I'll hazard a guess...

The reservation system has placed the symbol on the wrong 'Snow' Lake. Here's why I think that...

There is no canoe route or campsite or previous route on Snow Lake in the north end of the park (as you mentioned) however there are two campsites on the Snow Lake just a couple lakes past Hilly and Bluebell (near the west gate). Take a look at the reservation numbers.. Bluebell is 152 (campsite closed, hence the always red), Hilly is 153 and I assume this Snow lake is 154 when it was active - maybe one of those sites you book but don't pay for because its out of the park (like Killarney when you leave the park for a night and come back, they book you somewhere but don't pay for that night).

So I think this is the Snow Lake by the west gate, and the reservation system placed the icon on the wrong lake.

4/07/2017 5:45 pm  #3

Re: Snow Lake

I noticed Bluebell as well and was wondering about it.

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.